The breakfast is magnificent, and along with the Bistro has plenty of choice to keep you interested for the whole week. Our suite was amongst the many rooms positioned to enjoy the huge sweep of a view of the entire Palma bay including its cathedral and the cruise liner berths. Bring binoculars!
Being set on a steep hill did mean an uphill walk back, but we soon discovered that the local bus stop within 100M of the front door was the 46 bus to all the important Palma central destinations, costing all of 1E5 per journey. Otherwise from this hotel we walked to the cathedral in 45 minutes along the wonderful promenade. we walked to Grand Melia Victoria in 20 minutes, which for us was where the evening eateries and drinking started. Taxi back from here just less than 5E.
The big advantage here must be the large estate and having 2 pools.
Close to us we found a local supermarket for water, wine and those evening nibbles to be enjoyed on your balcony, enjoying that view. Go out of the hotel, down the hill, turning right in front of the Horizonte hotel (where you can hire bicycles for 10E per day) and about 200M down on the right is the shop (the owners also bake pizza squares and cakes).
The suite is well designed with separate toilet and bidet from the double basin bathroom which allows for some parallel ablutions, saving time and crossed legs. The bed was 7ft in all directions.
Enjoyed an evening meal with the quality and service you would expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an excellent location overlooking Palma de Mallorca's bay and sourrounded by magnificent gardens, yet only a few minutes from the city center. Rooms: large, luxurious rooms and suites, fully equipped with a furnished bathroom, hair dryer, bathrobe, heating / air-conditioning, Sat-TV, minibar, safety deposit box and terrace with a magnificent panoramic view. Spa & Wellness Center: The Nayara Spa invites you to relax in a truly luxurious style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Otel, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Valparaiso Palace Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA Palma De Mallorca, Majorca