My boyfriend and I stayed at the Valpariso Hotel in Palma in July 2007 for a lazy weekend and it was great. I had read the reviews on here for some reassurance first before booking and I wasn't dissapointed.
The swimming pools are fab (there are 2 - one quieter at the top and one more family friendly below which is huge) and the sandwiches from the pool bar are a must! There are plenty of shaded areas too for those who can't sit out all day in the sun.
The views are great and you can see the cruise ships in the harbour and all across the bay.
Dinner on the Terrace in the evening was beautiful with twinkling lights and attentive staff. Tip - reserve a table during the day to guarantee a table for the evening at weekends as its a popular spot.
Our room was fine for a long weekend but we are used to something abit more contempory chic than chinz but overall it was very good.
The Spa was quite impressive but too dark for me to want to spend too much time in when i was only there for 3 days!
The centre of Palma is quite a wealk away so I'd advise to always get a taxi. The shops all shut on Sunday which was a surprise for a capital city but I guess they like to rest on Sundays unlike us Brits!
We might have missed something, but the nightlife wasn't really buzzing....good for a stroll and a drink or too and plenty of good looking tapas bars near the Cathedral - which is very impressive.
Overall, I'd definatly recommend a stay here for a short break or as a base for travelling the island as its got great facilities, food and staff. The weather helped of course - scorchio!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an excellent location overlooking Palma de Mallorca's bay and sourrounded by magnificent gardens, yet only a few minutes from the city center. Rooms: large, luxurious rooms and suites, fully equipped with a furnished bathroom, hair dryer, bathrobe, heating / air-conditioning, Sat-TV, minibar, safety deposit box and terrace with a magnificent panoramic view. Spa & Wellness Center: The Nayara Spa invites you to relax in a truly luxurious style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Valparaiso Palace Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA Palma De Mallorca, Majorca