Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel
HM Jaime III(Palma de Mallorca)
$188
  • Breakfast included
Melia Palma Marina(Palma de Mallorca)
$181
$173
  • Pool
Gran Melia Victoria(Palma de Mallorca)
$224
Melia.com
  • Pool
Palma Suites(Palma de Mallorca)
$268
  • Pool
Hotel Palma Bellver Managed By Melia(Palma de Mallorca)
$181
$165
  • Pool
Boutique Hotel Can Cera(Palma de Mallorca)
$314
  • Restaurant
Hotel UR Portofino(Palma de Mallorca)
$145
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa(Palma de Mallorca)
$157
$150
  • Pool
Boutique Hotel Calatrava(Palma de Mallorca)
$352
  • Room Service
Posada Terra Santa(Palma de Mallorca)
$426
$301
SmithHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoverlooking palmaes vigrand deluxe roomst regisspg platinumbeautiful castledowntown palmapool staffminute drivethe general managerindoor poolrooms are spaciouslate checkamazing hotelbuffet breakfastlovely roomlong weekend
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has lived up to expectations, the service on arrival was superb and our lunch and a few cavas to wash it down was fantastic. The staff have been pleasant and helpful our rooms are spacious and very comfortable with beautiful views over the golf course and Palma bay. I think this may be the first of many visits!

• Stayed: June 2013
ODCGM, General Manager at Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Cherryb7,

thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following you recent stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us and we can only hope that this will indeed have been only the first of many visits.

Thank you again for the encouraging words, we look forward to welcoming you back at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The views are breathtaking from this resort. It's in the hills of Palma, with a fantastic golf course to look at. You can see the ocean from the resort & enjoy lunch or coffee from the gorgeous veranda.

We did have an incident with the hotel which was rather annoying and put a damper on our trip the last day, we requested a late check out when we arrived the hotel made a mistake our last day and turned our key off when we returned from brunch before our late checkout time request. We had to walk to the lobby & asked them to turn our key card back on so we could pack. Front desk was rude & insisted we show our passports (which were in the room safe) we were escorted to our room & had to open the safe to prove we were guests at the hotel. I could understand security measures but this was overboard for a five star hotel that made a mistake. No apologies!
Never have been treated like this before, leading hotel of the world definitely not.
Hotel was rather heavy rustic decor. Probably will not return for any weekend trips. Next time we stay in downtown Palma;

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank shlvallejo

Dear Shlvallejo,

thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following you recent stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

I was very happy to see the high score you gave our hotel but of course concerned about your experience with our Front Desk Team. Please accept my apologies for the handling of the situation - we do take the safety of our guests extremely serious but I am sure we could have handled the situation better.

I sincerely hope that you will nevertheless choose the Castillo Hotel Son Vida on your next visit to Mallorca. Do feel free to contact me directly so that I may assure you of my personal attention.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Game of two halves this one: The whole setup is impressive, the location, the facilities and the staff are all as good as would be expected of a 5* venue. The huge veranda overlooking the town and coast is particularly impressive and and its a great pool setup for a day of relaxing.

However - the food is average and expensive, which to most people is pretty fundamental. We gave each restaurant a chance on more than one occasion and it was very wide of the mark. Would I stay here again?.. Absolutely, but I would be heading into town each night for dinner in a cab which takes 10-15 mins and would be €8 well spent.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank SCJarvis

Dear SCJarvis,

thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the service from our associates.

I am sorry to hear that you did not like the food in our restaurants. We generally get very positive feedback, just as from the reviewers before you - please do feel free to reach out to me directly to give me more detail as to what exactly it was that caused your dissatisfaction. We would be more than happy to ensure that we prepare something that is exactly to your liking for your next visit.

Thank you again for your feedback, I hope to be able to welcome you back at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida very soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The setting high above the city of Palma and the Sea provides a magical view. The building itself is truly wonderful --- and the staff was totally responsive to any questions that occurred to me. Very service-oriented personnel.

Light switches are a bit quirky but that is so very minor. Internet connection very fast and easy. Very comfortable bed. Restaurants are top-flight --- especially loved the array of optioins at breakfast.

Somewhat pricey but one gets high quality experiences in return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trup

Dear Trup,

thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

We were delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will choose the Castillo Hotel Son Vida again on your next visit to Mallorca.

Until then with kind regards,

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Not a lot to say when you give a full 5 Stars to your comment. Just few lines:

Property: saying it's outstanding doesn't mean anything. It is just sensational. Beautiful in every details, the building is wonderful both in the modern and old parts. The Terrace is incredibly welcoming and offers a view of Palma and the bay that I do't think is beatable. Rooms are large, perfectly furbished and clean. Restaurants offer many alternatives and great quality.

Service: just perfect and careful. I do my special mention to Mr. Pedro, the most service-oriented guy I met so far. But also the rest of the team is great and does all the best to make you feel treated well.

Family: the Hotel is perfectly set for welcoming families and children (there are a lot) and the people do whatever they can to help you and your little ones.

Overall experience: if you go there once, you come bad for sure.

Price: justified by the quality. Who complains for the price doesn't have great traveling experience.

We will go back for sure

I canot comment on the SPA as I haven't tried.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank d_agva

Dear D_Agva,

thank you for sharing your positive feedback following your recent stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

It is always rewarding to read such encouraging feedback, particularly about our associates you work hard and with great enthusiasm to ensure that our guests spend a wonderful time at our hotel.

And we all agree - the view from our terrace is indeed unbeatable, we call it the "Balcony of Mallorca".

Thank you once more for your kind words, we hope to see you back soon at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.