We just returned from a great 8 day trip staying at the Sheraton. The location is excellent, with downtown Palma just some 10 minute drive away from the hotel but with peace and quiet of the Son Vida neighborhood surrounded by grandiose villas and golf courses. The staff at the sheraton are very nice and friendly, even the cleaning staff always greeting with a smile. We really enjoyed the Dellmayr coffee machines in the room and the complimentary waters every night during turndown service. Our room on the second floor was nicely laid out with a small balcony.
The two restaurants were just OK considering that this is a five star hotel. The food at the Bodega del Green which is a tapas place, was good to OK depending on what you ordered. We had twice a situation where the warm tapas were still cold inside. For these prices this should not happen. The restaurant upstairs, which offers various meat and fish dishes was also just OK. Nothing spectacular. The service was quite unorganized, with the staff serving all tales and not being assigned to one, which I think is usually the case. The result was that wine and water were not poured, the food took quite long to arrive, and was not hot, which meant it must have been sitting in the kitchen for a while. This is not something you would expect. Breakfast was very good with a big variety to choose from and the snacks for golfers to take with them is a nice touch!
The golf opportunities were excellent. The three courses were all very interesting and well maintained, with the exception of son muntaner, which was in absolute horrendous shape with greens being more like browns. We enjoyed it nevertheless and took advantage of the unlimited golf offer. The caddy masters at son Vida and son muntaner were all very nice, but at son quint really unprofessional and not service oriented. We arrived before 8 am for our tee time and as usual asked for a few bottles of water. This was never an issue before but the caddy master rudely said "this isn't included go to the restaurant", which was sort of a problem when the restaurant wasn't open yet. So we were to walk 18 holes in 25C with no water? Unbelievable. The ranger Ron Croft was extremely friendly and made every effort to make sure our rounds at the courses were smooth. He even went out of his way to go to the restaurant at son muntaner to get us some cokes because the small cafe after the 9th hole still was not open at 10.30. no request was really a bother for him.
Overall, great vacation filled with golf and sun and would definitely recommend the Sheraton to others. I would request however that the restaurants are given a bit more attention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among Mediterranean style gardens and the fairways of the prestigious Son Vida golf course, the Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel Son Vida provides extraordinary golf facilities in a setting of grandeur. Located near the ancient port city of Palma, this intimately charming hotel was designed in the style of a Spanish mansion and reflects authentic Mediterranean architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arabella Sheraton Son Vida
- Sheraton Palma De Mallorca
- Palma Sheraton
- Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel Palma De Mallorca, Majorca