“warm atmosphere and great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gastro Bar Can Cera

Gastro Bar Can Cera
Reserve with
Gastro Bar Can Cera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #345 of 2,087 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Can Cera - Gastro Bar you will find a gastronomic concept where eating tapas will turn out to be a unique experience in Majorca. We've created a modern, warm and welcoming environment where we prepare food using first rate ingredients, seasonal produce, giving special attention to technique and preparation for an avant-garde presentation, born of the chef's creativity. Mediterranean-Asian fusion cuisine. Barrio de CortAbierto por las nochesAsientos en el exteriorCenarCocina LocalDesyuno-AlmuerzoNegociosOcasiones especialesReservasRomanticoPostre
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“warm atmosphere and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

The restaurant, food and service are all excellent. There is a good choice of food on the menu. The menu is mostly tapas. I had a cheese plate, a salad and a portion of tuna to start which were all great. Bread with a delicious olive oil was served up as I waited for the tapas to arrive.I was pleasantly full by the end of the dinner but still had some room for the desserts. I had a delicious lemon pie! The perfect end for a great dinner. I enjoyed my experience and I will definitely come back for more. Reasonably priced for a restaurant of this standard.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Emily R

London
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

I am surprised this has been rated so highly. We went in an evening and maybe as a lunch venue which is priced very competively it can be rated as ok. The food was rather bland and portions very small for the price. I ordered the suckling pig which had no taste and soggy crackling and my wife to ravioli, which consisted on 2 pieces for a whopping 19 euros. For 75 euros for the 2 of us, shared 3 tapas and had a main course each with no dessert, a glass of wine each, it is over priced. I couldn't wait to leave and return home to eat something. Service was average and setting uninspiring.

1 Thank Cappers888
Can Cera Gastro... H, Director General at Gastro Bar Can Cera, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Client,

We absolutely regret you have not enjoyed the experience in our restaurant.

Without questioning your opinion, I would like to explain all dishes served in our Gastro Bar are Tapas size, it means, half portions and all our products are brought directly from the market , keeping the highest quality. As an example; the raviolis stuffed of Lobster and fresh fish bought in Palma Central Market.

The average price per person is 35-40€, moreover, we offer a daily Lunch menu of 3 courses per 16€ and a dinner tasting menu of 5 courses and 2 desserts per 28€ per person (drinks not included).

Once again we regret not having been at the height of your expectations.

Best Regarts,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice but no so nice....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

I went there for lunch with my wife as we were trying to eat in all of the top spots in majorca according to tripadvisor.

We thought the place was very nice and were excited once we got there... but the service was not very nice and the food we found average for the number 1 place in majorca, maybe we went on an "off" day... but the experience did not live up to what we expected.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Can Cera Gastro... H, Director General at Gastro Bar Can Cera, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear Clients,

We are awfully sorry you have not enjoyed the experience in our Gastr-Bar Can Cera as your expectations. We would love to welcome you againin our restaurant so that you can repeat your experience and live it in a different way. If you wish to come again, do not hesitate to contact directly with me, as I would like to meet you personally and try to improve with your constructive criticisms.

Best Regards

Stjørdal
“Creative and delicate cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Indulge and listen to the recomodations from the waiter. You won't be disappointed. Compared to other fine-dining in Palma, this is nice intimate and well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank TorHarald
UK
“Beautiful location, great food exceptional value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

I notice we are the first to review this in English and it is currently in the top three in Palma ...this says it all as the Spainish do not tolerate poor food. We have been here twice for lunch for the Menu (only other guests were spanish which considering this is in an hotel close to the centre of Palma is amazing). Aubergine and Provelane chese to start with, followed by excellent pork and a chocolate dessert all for the menu price 16euro (plus IVA each) .....fantastic we will go back, again and again.

Visited March 2012