“Stay away!!”

Central Palma Hostel
Sydney, Australia
“Stay away!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I would encourage everyone to avoid this place. Very rude staff and forget about any customer service, if anything goes wrong. Is it really worth it? Find somewhere else and save yourself the grief.

After making my booking prior to arriving, I was told my room is not available and was given an alternative room. The alternative room was quite disgusting so I quickly asked for a refund, only to be refused, saying no refunds after payment even though they got my booking wrong.

After being adamant about my refund, they finally accepted but only to tell me I have to come back another day as they don't have the money anymore. This was literally 10 minutes after I paid them in full, with cash. Sounds a bit odd if you ask me. Long story short, I gave up and booked somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michael1231232014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vilnius, Lithuania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Good thing: The place is in the center and easy assessable by buss from the airport.
Not so good: There was no information for visitors about the city on the front desk, just few leaflets with advertisements. The receptionist wasn't very good in English and seemed to be bothered a lot. As others already stated - there's no kitchen in this hostel. There are some kind of "cases" in rooms for every bed, but no locks on them. Could be more toilets and showers.
Anyway, it was ok for one night, but I would not want to spend more time in there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RainaKate
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Oh my goodness! I paid for two nights' stay at this hostel but had to leave after one night, without a refund as the room we stayed in was infested with bed bugs!! Yes, bed bugs!! The owners tried to fob us off initially but the worrying thing for us was that we believed they knew there were problems with the room but still chose to put paying guests there. The result? I have bites from these pests all over my body and had to throw away the clothes we had worn for the night. We've now spent the first few days back disinfecting and boiling our clothes to get rid of these pests. I am so angry that we have been put through this all because the owners wanted to make a quick buck. I suggest if any travellers have booked rooms after the first weekend in October, do ask the owners to show proof that the whole hostel has been fumigated by experts, if you still want to stay there, or you can save yourself the hassle and get your booking cancelled asap!

To top it all off, the rooms were extremely noisy and a couple of the beds in the room were unmade when we arrived.

Room Tip: Don't bother booking unless you want to go home with unwanted 'guests' in your suitcase.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Palma de Mallorca hotels

Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have read the reviews before, but the photographs seemed to be nice. When I arrive to the hostel there was an incredible noise made by the other visitors. Loud voices, shouts, music... and no one told them anything about silence and respect the rest of the others. This was about midnight, and it was like this till 2 am approximately. In addition to this, when I saw my bed, it was been used by other person, so I had to sleep in other I saw empty. Anyway the sheets were not clean, and when I went to the bathroom it was all dirty, impossible to walk without any kind of thongs. I get not even a towel. There were no lockers with any security, and we slept in a room without the possibility to close the doors.

I absolutely do not dare to repeat the experience.

Room Tip: Choose another site to stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mariaxtrasoul
Manly, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed in a 6 bed dorm, and I suppose for the price I paid I cannot really complain. I see people complaining about many things, but if you compare the price with what you get it is actually really good! You get your own key to come back whenever you want, the food and coffee at the bar is good, and it is in the city centre. It is the cheapest hostel in Palma, and I am sure there are worse ones that will charge you more...

Room Tip: Don't sleep in a dorm room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Where to start? There was no lock on the dorm door; we complained and were moved into the "Yoga Room". We had one key between 7 of us and they didn't even have a spare. The WiFi didn't work for the first day or so. The manager/receptionist was generally rude and couldn't really care less about his job. The bathroom, as another reviewer mentioned, has an internal AND external lock, which causes people to get mistakenly locked inside. They charge you €3 to leave your stuff at reception. Just stay somewhere else!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JoeyJeo
Bydgoszcz, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Hostel located in the center of the city. The hostel is very close to the catedral Santa Maria and the beach. Very nice, helpful and friendly service. I would recommend this hostel to all visitors to the island.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
La Llotja-Born
Hostal Pons
Hostal Pons
#7 of 37 in Palma de Mallorca

Been to Central Palma Hostel? Share your experiences!