We have visited the Island and Palma many times, usually getting over there four or five times a year. Generally these trips are over long weekends.
We decided to stay at a fifferent Hotel on this occasion so booked the Gran Melia Victoria.
Being used to staying in good Hotels we were curious to see if this one would live up to it's billing.
Well it certainly does! The Hotel is situated just out of down town Palma along the seafront, obviously opposite the huge Marina. As we had a car we parked in the area along the promenade, entering the Hotel via the 'back' door. We then had to walk through the Hotel taking in the wonderful decor and comfortable seating. Reception area is quite splendid, check in was quick and hassle free, the receptionist being efficient and friendly.
Our room was an upgraded double with the sea and Cathedral view. It was very clean and well equipped; a king size bed, large TV and desk. Plenty of hanging space. My Wife enjoyed the Clarins 'stuff' in the well appointed bathroom. I enjoyed playing with the console which worked the three sets of curtains and the lighting!
We were on a B & B board. The breakfast was good, plenty of whatever we wanted with the cooked option if required. Waiting staff were good.
All in all it was a good trip. The Hotel lived up to it's promise. Yes the drinks may be expensive but you get what you pay for, in this case the opulent surroundings and the excellent service. IMHO it is a good 5*. Obviously all reviews are subjectivehowever I have travelled extensively and stayed in many Hotels. This ranks up there with some of the best I have stayed in. Finally I have to mention the reviewer who states the sun is lost from the pool area in the late afternoon (most amusing!). That the sun sets in the west cannot be the responsibility of the Hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Meliá Victoria is a 5 star hotel located in Paseo Marítimo with wonderful views of the Bay of Palma. A unique experience of traditional luxury and cutting-edge style inside this deluxe 171-room hotel surrounded by history and classic beauty. Rooms equipped with every comfort, excellent facilities and superb services. RedLevel Service in Superior Accommodation: The most superior range of personalized attendance. Admire stunning sunsets from our magnificent terrace or just relax by the pool with panoramic and exclusive views. Enjoy an authentic gourmet experience in our fine dining restaurant and the most innovative cocktails in our bars. It is surrounded by elegant restaurants and close to the most exclusive shops and boutiques and historic city centre of Palma de Mallorca. It is near the airport (15 minutes away). Located in an area noted for its cosmopolitan atmosphere and café terraces which buzz with activity both day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Melia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Victoria Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Gran Melia Hotel Victoria
- Sol Melia Victoria
- Gran Melia Palma Victoria
- Gran Melia Victoria Palma De Mallorca, Majorca