Just returned from a 4 day city break in a lovely city & stayed in this fantastic hotel. As others have said its not in the nicest part of town but some of the best rated TA restaurants are all less than 5 minute walk away ( Toque, Contraste, Tapa Negra), all of which were excellent value with great food.
If you arrive on the No 1 bus from the airport the entrance doesn't present the hotel at its best as its basically the back entrance but on the sea front, you have to climb some steps, ring the bell and wait.
Initial concerns soon melt away by the grandeur of the reception/bar area and the friendliness of the staff. I know some people have commentated about the hotel being dated, well it is decorated in an old fashioned way but it doesn't look dated or worn, its just its style rather then its condition
The staff are excellent and really make this hotel, we were blown away by how friendly & helpful everyone was, reception in particular were extremely helpful with directions, tickets, taxis etc
We paid for a premium room with a sea view which proved to be a great decision as the weather was perfect during our stay, waking up with the sun shining on the balcony. The rooms are spacious with large beds & kept immaculate by the cleaning staff. They are also very quiet at night ( we had room 522)
We didn't use any of the leisure facilities or eat in the restaurant but had breakfast on the terrace every morning, plenty of choice with a chef on hand for omelettes etc
Downside? Shower power could have been a little more powerful and the room lighting console took some working out but really tiny moans and nothing else.
Loved this hotel and will hopefully stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Meliá Victoria is a 5 star hotel located in Paseo Marítimo with wonderful views of the Bay of Palma. A unique experience of traditional luxury and cutting-edge style inside this deluxe 171-room hotel surrounded by history and classic beauty. Rooms equipped with every comfort, excellent facilities and superb services. RedLevel Service in Superior Accommodation: The most superior range of personalized attendance. Admire stunning sunsets from our magnificent terrace or just relax by the pool with panoramic and exclusive views. Enjoy an authentic gourmet experience in our fine dining restaurant and the most innovative cocktails in our bars. It is surrounded by elegant restaurants and close to the most exclusive shops and boutiques and historic city centre of Palma de Mallorca. It is near the airport (15 minutes away). Located in an area noted for its cosmopolitan atmosphere and café terraces which buzz with activity both day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Gran Melia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Victoria Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Gran Melia Hotel Victoria
- Sol Melia Victoria
- Gran Melia Palma Victoria
- Gran Melia Victoria Palma De Mallorca, Majorca