This is not the normal kind of review that you would want to write about a hotel but this is an exception.
My wife and I arrived at the Gran Melia Vitoria in early June for a 4 night break. We were shown to our room, which was of a good size with a comfortable bed, a well equipped bathroom and a small balcony. On our first night we used the hotel's a la carte restaurant and the food, service and wine were excellent. The evening was topped off with a cocktail on the terrace over looking Palma harbour and the Cathedral.
Unfortunately, at 06:30am the following morning my wife fell ill with a serious Kidney problem and was rushed into the Clinica Juaneda hospital in Palma. From the moment the alarm was raised with the hotel, the staff were amazing. A duty manager called "Daniel" introduced himself to me and stated that if there was anything I needed support with, they would provide it and they did just that.
My wife's condition worsened initially and we had no way of knowing when we would be returning to the UK. Daniel ensured that our room was made available to me for how ever long I needed it while my wife was receiving treatment in hospital. As it turned out our 4 day break turned into a nightmare two weeks but the support I received from the hotel was exemplary. All of the hotel staff were made aware of our situation and a breakfast was prepared everyday in a small box for me to take to my wife in hospital and sometime even an evening meal, if I requested it, as the food in the hospital was pretty much like it is in UK hospitals....
I didn't actually manage to fully enjoy the amenities of the hotel but those that I did (Breakfast, dinner, laundry and sometimes the bar) were of a high standard. The room was clean and serviced regularly but it was the over whelming support that I received from Daniel and his team that turned what could have been a disaster into something I was able to manage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Meliá Victoria is a 5 star hotel located in Paseo Marítimo with wonderful views of the Bay of Palma. A unique experience of traditional luxury and cutting-edge style inside this deluxe 171-room hotel surrounded by history and classic beauty. Rooms equipped with every comfort, excellent facilities and superb services. RedLevel Service in Superior Accommodation: The most superior range of personalized attendance. Admire stunning sunsets from our magnificent terrace or just relax by the pool with panoramic and exclusive views. Enjoy an authentic gourmet experience in our fine dining restaurant and the most innovative cocktails in our bars. It is surrounded by elegant restaurants and close to the most exclusive shops and boutiques and historic city centre of Palma de Mallorca. It is near the airport (15 minutes away). Located in an area noted for its cosmopolitan atmosphere and café terraces which buzz with activity both day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gran Melia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Victoria Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Gran Melia Hotel Victoria
- Sol Melia Victoria
- Gran Melia Palma Victoria
- Gran Melia Victoria Palma De Mallorca, Majorca