How to achieve: Very simple by BUS from airport (2012 price 2,50 euros/person). Just follow sign local buss outside of the airport outdoors. Take first number 1 bus to Palma. Stop 33 is the right one, but when you say hotel name to buss driver and ask one to stop in hotel, they are glad to help. Line 1 arrives “backyard” of hotel. (it is near TITO nightclub which everybody should know) You have to take few steps upstairs to the hotel door which is the black gate. Even if you feel a little bit silly to try to find reception back side of the hotel, just go ahead anyway as long through hallway, some stair and elevator as you are in second floor. Reception is in second floor by elevator.
Hotel: We took upgrade to junior suite with sea view and balcony. It was really forth of paying (big money about the week 360 euros extra beside what we purchased originally but anyway)It was adding value to us. Nice view to harbor from there and room was much better than our original one. Room was convenient, we were taken good care by hotel stuff. Quality was great in service and overall. Hotel pool was the best. Nice man was taking care about us whole day, guiding us to sun beds, offering towels and taking care of security. I was worried about the noice from the street as there is many many discos around the hotel but no noisy at all. We slept without any harm at least 10 hours every night.
No need to buy breakfast necessarily. And unfortunately it was too expensive as everything what one can eat in hotel. Opposite street front of the hotel is supermarket, where one can buy food. About 700-1000m right from the hotel front door there is another bigger supermarket where we bought all what we ate in the morning. Cheap and good quality restaurants all over the hotel, so not really big challenge to find eating around the day.
Distance from city is nice and if not ready to walk some time, buss is always easy and cheap way to travel. You should buy 10 times ticket from *PRESS” kiosk down town. It is only 1 €/trip and can be used among many persons. You can reach hotel by buss number 1 from the city, which stops behind the hotel. Bus number 3 is stopping on the front of the hotel.
Distance from nearest beach is nive. You can walk about 20 min or take a buss.
One should stop apsolutely in the middle of the town in central station. Tiny corgeous Palma has also Metro which can be founded from central station as also bus/train all over the island. We visited Inca by train. ONly 5,60 euros per person.
We visited in the middle of June. Climate couldn’t be better. All the time 30-35 degrees warm but it was windy, so it wasn’t too warm.
Great advantage is city sightseeing bus, which stops just about 200 meters from the hotel. (both sides-> front of the hotel, you find first stop at right, behind the hotel, you can find first stop left) Tickets you can buy from the bus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Meliá Victoria is a 5 star hotel located in Paseo Marítimo with wonderful views of the Bay of Palma. A unique experience of traditional luxury and cutting-edge style inside this deluxe 171-room hotel surrounded by history and classic beauty. Rooms equipped with every comfort, excellent facilities and superb services. RedLevel Service in Superior Accommodation: The most superior range of personalized attendance. Admire stunning sunsets from our magnificent terrace or just relax by the pool with panoramic and exclusive views. Enjoy an authentic gourmet experience in our fine dining restaurant and the most innovative cocktails in our bars. It is surrounded by elegant restaurants and close to the most exclusive shops and boutiques and historic city centre of Palma de Mallorca. It is near the airport (15 minutes away). Located in an area noted for its cosmopolitan atmosphere and café terraces which buzz with activity both day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Gran Melia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Victoria Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Gran Melia Hotel Victoria
- Sol Melia Victoria
- Gran Melia Palma Victoria
- Gran Melia Victoria Palma De Mallorca, Majorca