“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Can Cera is an old masion transofrmed into a 5* hotel last year in 2011. it is located in a nice quite area between two churches and close to the cathedral. I booked a junior suite (room number 5)for 4 days and i love everything about it. The design of the rooms, the perfect service, the beautiful common rooms, the super confortable bed and modern bathroom.
two points i think you should take note of:
1- the hotel is perfect for the day but far from all the action at night (a taxi can be arranged by the hotel, but the cab will add 2 euro since it has been requested rather than just picked up at the street)
2- Always keep the hotel card with you. None of the taxi drivers i used have heard of it (Maybe coz its a small and new hotel)
3- Dont book a room with breakfast. Eventhough it is not bad yet you dont have choices. only 3 selections of pastries, same goes for cheese and cold cuts. there are plenty of places around where you can have the same and for a cheaper cost.

Room Tip: Room number 5 is a junior suite. it overlooks the courtyard with a nice balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Omar N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed here for just one night to celebrate my mum's birthday. I thought I would splurge and book a Junior Suite to spoil her. The hotel is delightful, set on a narrow alley between two churches. It has been lovingly transformed from a family home to a comfortable hotel and manned by friendly staff.

Unfortunately when we checked in, and unbeknown to me, we were given a standard room. I didn't think it looked as large as the 40+ sqm that is said on the website, but as there was no other description to go by I just assumed we had been given one of the smaller suites.

We had a nice night but as we were checking out the next morning we walked past a room and as I peered inside it seemed considerably larger with masses of light flooding in. When we got to reception I asked if we were in a Junior Suite and the girl said no, just a standard room. Then she said "but we did have an empty Jr Suite last night". When I said that is what I had booked she quickly went to my file and saw I had indeed booked and paid in advance for a Jr Suite. She was helpful and said she would sort out a refund as soon as possible "but it was only 25 euro so doesn't really matter". I beg to differ! I thanked her very much for her help, we called a taxi and continued on our way.

Later that afternoon I got an email to say the refund would be processed on my credit card. That was appreciated but I was still so disappointed that we had been given the wrong room when it clearly said Junior Suite on the arrival forms and I had booked it as a treat for my mum on her birthday. While I appreciate the hotel acted quickly to get me a refund, I think it left a bit of a bad impression. Just a couple more minutes at check-in and we would have had the correct room type and most likely left the hotel in a far brighter mood.

Nevertheless the hotel is very quaint, the beds were comfortable and it's in a good location. Note that the bathroom is completely open to the bedroom so not great for sharing with friends! There is free wifi and a roof terrace (no shade) for a bit of sneaky sunbathing.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TorOnTour
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My Wife and I stayed there for a short break in May. The secret Courtyard with it's little restaurant in the corner was really quaint and made the whole place seem peaceful and tranquil. The staff there are fantastic and so helpful.

The rooms have been decorated and maintained to a very high standard and the furnishings are eclectic and very comfortable.

My Wife and I used the Spa facilities in the Hotel a lot and the Hotel proved to be a real oasis of comfort and tranquility.

We both loved our stay and would definitely go back there...if we can get in!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Cliff L
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The Hotel is amazing,

Clean spacious rustic, in the middle of the old town, the showers are amazing the quality of sleep is also amazing, very welcoming and helpful staff specially Benjamin. But the breakfast is a bit poor.

However all this get spoiled from the kitchen under your room window and the house keeping staff moving btls within the hotel.

It is not acceptable that at 7am you wake up on plates being moved or at 3pm while you need to rest.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Thefoox
san francisco, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

A serene and shaded courtyard gives way to this lovely hotel situated in a great location in Palma Town; staff is friendly, helpful, and full of information about restaurants, bicycle rentals, things to do and see. Decor is discrete, tasteful and appropriate. This is a former residence; with a lovely rooftop deck for sunbathing, and common rooms for reading, internet, etc. Excellent restaurant, staff, bed, linens, appointments and bathrooms. Not inexpensive but a great value. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor was filled with light.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gvanh
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

1 night stay and it really is a lovely building with only 12 bedrooms, so very intimate. Nice glass of cava on arrival as we checked in and very friendly front of house staff, who seem enthusiastic about the hotel and its history(over 300 years old and originally a merchants house).
Rooms are lovely and bright and airy, if a little minimalist, but this is entirely in keeping with the property. All amenities provided as you would expect from a modern hotel.
Did not dine there, but breakfast was nice with usual cold buffet choices and hot dishes to order.
The courtyard on entry is where you dine as well, and it is very charming and during the day, is much photographed by passing tourists - it is very pretty.
Only real issue I have is that the hotel, being in a narrow street, has any outside sound amplified at whatever hour. The street is quiet but any noise seemed to carry despite us being on 2nd floor, with all windows and shutters closed.
This is an unusual small hotel where staff try hard to make you have an enjoyable time. We did.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
7 Thank Maggiesboy
Tiverton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We spent 3 nights over a bank holiday weekend in the Can Cera. From the start to the end we were made to feel most welcome and the the room was extremely comfortable.

We had booked a Junior Suite, but upon arrival got upgraded to the Suite Can Cera. This room is furnished in a traditional Mallorcan style and is breathtaking.

Small touches like a glass of prosecco upon arrival, chocolates left in the room after cleaning and a small card left by the bed with the weather forecast were appreciated.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Its location is off a charming square in the centre of old town Mallorca. It is rightly ranked #1 on the island by TripAdvisor reviewers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple