“Great choice in Palma!”
Review of Misa Braseria - CLOSED

Misa Braseria
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: . Misa Braseria+ bar is a Mediterranean brasserie with a modern-rustic feel and a lively, bustling atmosphere.The MISA kitchen produces exciting cuisine with intense flavours and Mediterranean influences. Dishes range from Catalan Style Fish Soup with monkfish & Mussels to Slow cooked Fillet of beef baked in hay & Mountain herbs to Classic Chocolate Marquise. Harper’s BAZAAR - “Making the highest-quality culinary journey very affordable too”The New York Times - “Worldly farmhouse food at its very best”GQ Magazine - "If the Michelin men don't sling a star his way soon, I'll eat my sombrero"
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Location and Atmosphere:
Nice Location a bit outside the Tourist area, so you will also meet a few locals...it is located in a small Hotel - the Hotel and Restaurant are fully renovated in a modern and trendy style. I highly recommend to book a table outside in the Patio (the Restaurant is in the Basement where it is a bit dark with no view...)

Food:
Excellent Starters, in particular the Steak Tartare and the Gazpacho. Main: Chicken is excellent. Dessert: outstanding Pinapple (caramelized with Ice Cream). Marc Fosh who owns several places in Mallorca knows his Business well! Prices are OK.
Wine list is OK, relatively moderate Prices, mainly local wines.

Service:
OK, but sometimes a bit slow and not all staff members overly friendly, but OK. I would appreciate a bit a more professional service in such place, this would make the experience even better.

Conclusion: good choice in Palma!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This restaurant is part of the UR Mision de San Miguel hotel which is conveniently located off one of the main shopping streets in Palma. Don't be put off by the narrow passage with graffiti leading up to it - it's really lovely inside. There is indoor seating as well as a lovely courtyard. The only slight negative is that the hotel guests walk through the courtyard/restaurant to get to their rooms. We have been to this restaurant a couple of times and it's not the cheapest but it's high quality. We have had the house speciality twice, which is the whole chicken to share and this is delicious. We selected side dishes of chips and salad which were both tasty too. The portion size is quite large. I also had a delicious Misa cocktail this time which was lovely. I would recommend booking online although it hasn't been full when we have been there. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

It's very difficult to fault any of Mark Fosh's restaurants and I'm not about to start here! I will begin by telling a tale of two halves-we had the duck as a main course (menu del dia, €15 for three faultless courses!) and it was just amazing-I've never had duck as good before. Stupidly, I ordered duck a couple of days later in another restaurant! As different as chalk and cheese! This man really does know how to cook as well as ensuring that the preparation of food is left in very capable hands. The only thing that confuses me is why Misa isn't busier. Do people out there know what great value the food is? I suspect not as we were talking to a local who works in Palma and he never eats there because it's "too expensive". He was surprised when we told him the price of the lunch menu and the fact that the quality of the food is simply the best! If you are ever in Palma I urge you to try Misa (Simply Fosh is great too but more expensive). Honestly, you won't be disappointed-where else can you get Michelin starred food at this price? If you have access to the Internet you can book on line which makes life easier.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is in a great location, which allows you to experience another part of Palma - away from the Old Town and Santa Catalina. The restaurant itself is beautiful with a small number of tables dotted around an open court yard. The food was amazing, the chicken (roasted to share) is one of the best I've had at a restaurant. The only negative is that the service didn't match up to the extremely expensive meal or the food and location. This was the priciest meal we had, while in Palma and we wouldn't have minded has the service been 5 star too. Our wine was "corked" twice and on the second time the carafe was not replaced, just brought back to the table. One of the waiters was fantastic and it's a shame the other staff let this down.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Was disappointed with Misa after reading good reviews. As we were a party of 9 we were given the 'private' dining area at the rear which is overlooked. The starters were good but service was slow As the evening wore on and it became darker the lights on the patio were not workin on one side therefore half of we're eating food we couldn't see when we asked the less than helpful waiter we were told that yes it was broken and awaiting repair. We wasn't offered an alternative table although we told the we weren't happy. The main courses were ok but not brilliant. As it was a birthday they brought out a complimentary desert for the birthday girl which was the smallest I've ever seen! All in all an average evening.