“Perfect hotel”
Review of Hotel Feliz

Hotel Feliz
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We arrived in Palma last year in September for a few days of from work. We stayed at Hotel Feliz and everything was perfect.
At arrival we received a glas of cava (good start) and got our key to the room. We had room number 401 and the room had a great view and nice space. ( we upgraded our room before we arrived to Palma). The couples we travelled with was also satisfied with there rooms.
The hotel is small but for this trip, without kids, perfect size.
The services was very good and everything we ate tasted good. (We didn´t eat any dinners there).
The location of the hotel was good, right between the centre of the city and the beach (Cala Mayor). Sometimes we took the bus (the bus-stop was only a few metres away), but often we took a walk instead.

Room Tip: We loved room number 401
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here in August for a week and loved it. The place is run by an 'extended family' of Swedes who were incredibly friendly and always made you feel at home. We stayed in a Superior sea view room and can really recommend it: you have a small balcony overlooking the harbour on one side, and on the other side (across the passage) a relatively big, private balcony overlooking the mountain, town and castle. So definitely worthwhile paying a little bit more for these rooms when i see comments that regular rooms are quite small. Yes, it probably isn't located in the fanciest part of town but we actually preferred that - the number 3 bus stops right outside and takes you into town or all the way to Illetes beach (amazing, must see!!) for EUR1.50. Must say we weren't blown away by Mallorca town/city itself but the beaches were fantastic - we loved Cala Major, Illetes beach, Es Trenc and Cala Llombards (though admittedly more for families than couples). A drive around to the other side of the island via Valldermossa (must see), Deia and Soller also very much worthwhile. All in all would definitely stay here again - has just the right vibe/energy to get you in the holiday mood immediately (glass of Cava on arrival a good catalyst for this). Loved it, recommend it! PS: The jacuzzi actually worked during our visit!! :)

Room Tip: Definitely go for a superior, sea facing room. We stayed in 504 and loved it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Feliz is a hotel with a modern new York style lounge area, and the atmosphere is relaxed and cozy. The hotel service is good and fremdly, and the breakfast is exelent. The area around the hotel is a little "borring" and there is notning to see. But is was not a problem. A taxi to centrum only cost 5-6 euro.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Hotel Feliz is very average hotel. My room was definitely the smallest room i have ever had (with only ONE power plug in the room (the bathroom)) and the service at the pool area is almost non existing. On the other hand, when the service is there, it is kindly and the prices are very reasonable! The food is OK even though they ONLY serve spanish red wine in the restaurant. When asking for italian the waiter went a little upset.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HenrikJohansen
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel is very close to del Paseo Maritimo and all the night life. A lots of restaurants, tones of bars and clubs. The area seems fairly young and indeed full of clubs. The breakfast was included in the price and it was quiet decent, overall it was a good selection of cheese, salami, bread, juices, fresh fruits and even had sparkling wine, CAVA, so I made me a mimosa every morning.:-)
This is not located in the downtown but only a bus away from the big cathedral and it is downtown. The public transportation ( bus) in Mallorca is indeed great.
I am NOT sure I would stay in this place again unless there is a major change to their windows and curtains. The noise level is very high and the curtain which is the only thing they have does not block at all the light at all. I was awaked everyday by 6:00AM. As soon as the sun start rising and this is not a very pretty picture considering the nightlife starts very late. I did not go to any clubs but just dinner and a couple of bar but I can not imagine if I did…. I would not be able to rest at all.
I did complain about it but nothing was done.
The “full” bed was nothing but two twins bed put together, I HATED it. I sometimes fell down the middle, so my quality of sleeping was HORRIBLE.
My room was 306 had a great view to the port
The pool is so tiny, I mean if you can call it a pool, at least not to mine taste. This was too small with a see through glass, this was located right by the entrance. I don’t think that was the best spot for it.
The WIFI connectivity was very bad, it worked only sometimes, like when everyone was sleeping, e.g. 5am. This is a place where on need connection to help you get around the area or just to discover what else you can do beside the lovely beaches.

The hotel is easy to access via the airport bus number 1 takes you close but be aware there is a killer hill to climb to get there and when you have a huge suitcase, like I did this can be very challenge. The public transportation was great. There is a bus number 3 to go to the beach, Illettes which I loved.
Overall, I would only stay here again if the above changes are met, specially when it comes to sleeping, rest, that is what vacations are meant for, to be able to sleep better.

Room Tip: It really depends what your priority... for me is to sleep and this place is not it...I mean imagine...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank funtaina25
Mats J, General Manager at Hotel Feliz, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Alexandra,

thanks for your feedback from your stay at Hotel Feliz. I am truly sorry that you had such trouble sleeping in your room. I'll take your criticism to me and promise to do a number of actions relating to blackout in the room and that the beds should not divide.
Regarding our WiFi we have had major problems with our supplier Vodafone with repeated interruptions. We are now installing a fiber cable from another operator who will provide both fast and reliable internet.
Once again, I regret that we failed to meet your expectations, but I hope we get the chance to show you that we have improved many of the things you were unhappy with.

Kind Regards
Mats Jakobsson
mats@hotelfeliz.com

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Nice service, good recommendations for restaurants and things to do. Great breakfast.
Our room had two private balconys. Expecially the larger one on the back facing the mountains was lovely in the late afternoon, evening and as the sun set.
The hotel is situated on the outskirts of Palma, but it's easy to catch a bus - and parking is quite easy to find.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Camillawagner
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed 2 nights here recently, and the positives are as follows:

1) Clean, tidy room.
2) One particular bar man was very friendly and went out of his way to help.
3) Warm greeting on arrival, with a glass of Cava.
4) Fun atmosphere.
5) Good breakfast.

Cons:

1) Was told I could order food at 9.30, only to then be told the kitchen had closed and all that was on offer was a salad. Irritating when we had chosen to eat at the hotel that very night.
2) On leaving, we raised the food point to the lady on reception, who I have to say was actually quite aggressive with us and didn't seem apologetic at all. We tried to say thank you and goodbye when we left but were ignored.
3) Seemed understaffed - the lady at the bar was taking bookings, mopping, cleaning etc, etc all at the same time.

The hotel is a good base, and could be great if little things were improved such as the staff being on the ball and there being more of them!
I think comments made by other reviewers about gay guest being present highly offensive - I don't really see the relevance. The hotel is not 'gay' or 'straight', but it appeared to me to just offer rooms for all, regardless of sexual preference!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank seanmlow