“Well worth a visit.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Perth, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Excellent food in this father & son restaurant as reviews mostly state. Only negative comment would be the rather rushed service & lack of attention by the service staff during the meal. For example no wine or water top up. No enquiry at any time as to our satisfaction with the meal either during or when clearing. This aside the food is prepared expertly & the menu wonderfully explained by the proprietor. Prices are surprisingly low.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Best international treat in Majorca:-)”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Me and my husband Domingo went to Toque about a month ago and had an amazing experience with fantastic flavours and brilliant service. Not only the food was sensational and delicious, but served with passion and just on time. We hate waiting long for food, cause when you hungry you're angry... The chef and his son were very friendly and recommended the best meals we could even imagine and think off.
Thank you so much for your hospitality and hopefully see you soon, maybe in Australia.

Monika and Domingo
Sydney
Australia

• Visited June 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Toque of the town”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had done some Tripadvisor research and put the restaurant on the list for our week in Palma. Walking around Palma on the way back to our hotel on our third day we sort of stumbled across the restaurant and tried the door. No reservations, a bit tired and not in our best dinner attire we were expecting to be thrown out.

It turned out to be a wonderful dinner experience with the food and friendly service in focus. For starters we tried one of the specials, cold beet root soup with apple sorbet. Main course being the last sea bream available for my wife and the sea bass for me. Lovely, my wife could have wanted some more potatoes with her fish and perhaps some ruccola or so - perhaps I got it all. A wonderful Pouilly Fume kept us company for a while. I just had to finish off with a Dame Blanche, since I left my native Holland I have not seen it on any menu that much.

The Belgian family running the restaurant is the explanation for the Dame Blanche I guess and also the vast selection of Belgian beers available. We were first in the restaurant, the place then filled up nicely with other first timers and a lot of return guests. The restaurant will not win any interior decoration awards or issue its own series of chill out music but as I wrote initially, food and friendly service come first. Well done!

Visited July 2013
Scotland
“Basic mistakes spoiled the experience”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Didn't mind the location and the decor was fine. Older Belgian gentleman was very pleasant and obviously knowledgeable about the food.
Olives and bread were good as was the house white wine we chose as an aperitif.
I tried the lentil starter, served in a glass jar. This was tasty and well seasoned.
My wife ordered the stroganoff for main course and I ordered a steak with french fries, but changed this when I was told it came with sauted potatoes. I also ordered a green pepper sauce to accompany the steak.
My wife's stroganoff was tasty, however, I was bitterly disappointed when my steak came with boiled potatoes and was covered in a pinkish colour 'pepper' sauce.
To be fair, the steak was a nice cut and tasted fine, however, the pepper sauce was - in my opinion - inedible. Had the sauce been served in a separate vessel, I would have simply disregarded it and eaten the steak. The staff apologised and offerred to prepare me some sauted potatoes, however, the poor pepper sauce had spoiled my appetite. Also, sitting around watching my wife eat and then vice versa did not appeal. I asked for the steak to be taken away.
For pudding, my wife had fondant chocolate and I had creme brulee. Both were very good.
It's fair to say I was rather disappointed the way things turned out, however, it's also fair to say that I'd be happy to return to this restaurant, only next time I'll emphasise that what I order is what I expect to be delivered!

6 Thank Ian057
ToquePalmadeMallorca, Propietario at Restaurante Toque, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for your revue. We are very sorry and and do apologies about the incident of the beef filet. It is why as well we did not charge it on your bill. But after your visit, as you suggest it to us, now we always serve the sauce in a separate boll. Thank you again for your positive advice.
We hope having the chance to see you again.
Christian, Claude Monti, and all the Restaurante Toque staff.
“Great food and atmosphere coupled with passionate staff”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went along based on Trip Advisor reviews and this place really lives up to its reputation. Family run business which you could tell straight away, the owner is involved in everything from greeting you at the door, cooking and serving. His passion shone through and made for a great experience. Food is very good especially at the reasonable prices.

• Visited July 2013
Thank you for your nice revue. It always make all the staff happy and help us to keep on this way.
Christian, Claude Monti and all the staff of Restaurant Toque