“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baisakhi

Baisakhi
Ranked #108 of 2,087 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Description: This small restaurant offers the delights of Bengali food. As its name suggests, Baishaki (which means new year in Bengali) is a treat for the senses. It offers a unique tasting menu as well as a vegetarian version that changes frequently. The owner himself takes responsibility for guiding diners through this explosion of flavours and exotic scents. The restaurant, which is located right on Palma?s sea front, is decorated with care and has an exclusive atmosphere. Its tapestries, sculptures and antiques create the perfect setting for diners to enjoy its authentic cuisine.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

My wife and I have visited this fabulous restaurant since we first vistied Majorca 20 years or more ago and we have never been disapointed its a fantasic experience and the foos is amazing. The best and most unusal indian restaurant you will ever go to im sure. We are coming back on 4th August for 4 days and will go at least twice. Fab
John and Lynne Griffin

• Visited August 2010
2 Thank JohnnyGandLynne

• Finnish first
Di1715
“Cockroach on my plate!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

My friend and I were staying at the Costa Azul next door, the Baisakhi restaurant had been highly recommended by the man I had sat next to on the plane. The starters were very nice, the main course dishes were just ok but lacked any real flavour. The main course dishes were being cleared away and as the lady lifted my plate I looked down onto the large base plate and saw a live cockroach. I couldnt believe my eyes! I dont know if it had fallen off a cloth she had over her forearm or if it had been under my dinner plate all the time I had been eating. We were practically frozen in shock. She quickly covered the plate and cockroach with the cloth and took it away. We refused any further food or drinks and left the premises. I felt physically sick at the thought of it for a couple of days afterwards. I was told by a man in our hotel that there is a cockroach problem on the island but I'm absolutely disgusted that an establishment whose primary business is food hasnt managed to control it.!

• Visited May 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Di1715
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“ONE NOT TO BE MISSED”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

I visited The Baisakhi restaurant last night, what a treat! Deliciously, authentic food, lovely surroundings, excellent service...all in all a fantastic experience. The Maitre'd is a lovely man, makes everyone feel truely welcome. Will be top of the list on my next visit.

Visited February 2011
2 Thank stp1602
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“an unique experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

I have been going to this restaurant for many years and each time it is a wonderful experience. I am always made to feel very welcome by all the staff and the food is always first class. I have recommended it to many of my friends and they are all of the same opinion. A visit to Palma would not be the same without a visit to Baisakhi!

1 Thank flossy92
florida
“Great every time we come.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

We have been coming to Palma for eight years. Everytime we can't wait to come here for dinner. Just went again last night. Great as always. The service is fantastic and with a smile. The owner/chef is there to greet everyone. The food is always different with a huge variety. They even catered to our vegan friend. You can not beat the price with unlimted wine included with the 4 coarse meal. Outstanding.

2 Thank stacidusty