“Restaurant La Baranda it's a place where I want to come back.”
Review of La Baranda

La Baranda
Reserve with
La Baranda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #388 of 2,234 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Restaurant La Baranda it's a place where I want to come back.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very warm and calm atmosphere. Excellent service and kitchen. As I love Italian cousin l decide to order very specific dishes like Vitello Tonato and Stack Rossini and was very satisfied in the end. Recommended red wine idealy matched to my choice.
Next to my table was visitors from Russia ordering different pizzas and of course I heard some comments : well cooked, thin, delicious like in Italy.
And I got compliment from restaurant - shout of limonchello.
Love to come back.

• Visited September 2013

Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Very Good Restaurant”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had already made a note of this restaurant before traveling to Palma (thanks to tripadvisor) and as it was just down the road from where we were staying it made the ideal place to have dinner one evening. On the whole it was a very pleasant evening the food was good, I had a special of the day, Fillet steak strips with pasta in a mushroom sauce and my wife had Spaghetti con gamberetti. The food was good the waitress was helpful and friendly. If you like Italian and you are in the Santa Catalina area then I suggest you pay them a visit.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank DerekPalmer
Oslo, Norway
“Great authentic and friendly Italian!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Now, why, you might say, would you want to eat at an Italian restaurant when you go to Spain? Because the food at La Baranda is just that GOOD! My mum and I went to La Baranda after having been turned down at nearby Ummo, and in fact ended up also coming back two days later.

On our first visit we had parma ham and bruschetta as starters, and then continued with caprese salad and spaghetti al arrabiata. The parma ham was of excellent quality, which in general goes for everything we have sampled at La Baranda. I had a particular craving for vegetables, I asked for a green salad, which was supplied despite not being on the actual menu, and which was also delicious. The pasta was truly delicious and the arrabiata sauce was perfectly balanced. As the restaurant has a wood-fired oven, we had to try the pizza on our second visit, and found it to be on par with the best pizza we have ever tried in Italy. I also had the spaghetti frutti di mare, which was served with an array of fresh and tasty seafood and plenty of garlic.

Our waiter deserves to be mentioned especially, as she made us feel particularly welcome and provided excellent recommendations regarding food and wine. She was originally Italian, but had come to Mallorca to work, and work she certainly did - managing the large number of guests with a genuine smile on her face :)

La Baranda is exactly as an Italian restaurant should be - a place with great food which feels like home!

• Visited July 2013
Oakham, United Kingdom
“Very, very good restaurant!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Not often can you find a very good restaurant by accident in a large city. La Baranda proved to be a very good restaurant indeed for us. Food was very good and service was excellent and most attentive. Next time we go to Palma, we will certainly eat there again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank philrock7
Santanyi, Spain
“A good find”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Decided to try this after reading the reviews on TA. It was a Monday lunchtime and we were the only people eating. We sat outside - not scenic but good for people watching. We ordered an onion focaccia topped with garlic and mozzarella - it was a pizza base not focaccia but it was tasty and some prawns with spinach in a sherry sauce - very nice.
For main courses we had veal escalopes in a mushroom sauce and a simple pasta dish of spaghetti with tomatoes, garlic and chilli - both very tasty.
We would go again, the food was good but the menu was limited.
I'd give it a 7.5/10