“Fabulous!”

Asador Bolixe Cocina Esencial
Ranked #12 of 2,211 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This small restaurant in the heart of Palma is known for its clever combination of Argentinean and Mediterranean flavours. The extensive menu is based on the freshest natural ingredients from the market. Perfectly roasted meat, which is some of the best on the island make this restaurant one of the most sought after in the capital. The wine list is highly recommended and includes many international wines. The modern and minimalist décor is functional and stylish. It offers excellent value for money and has good parking facilities.
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We reserved as we were 8....very friendly and enthusiastic replies to mails!
Table was perfect, arrival welcoming and friendly!
Restaurant was full quite quickly and had to turn customers away, therefore reservation best option!
Meal was excellent, its not cheap but definitly value for money.
All in all, very pleased with our choice of restaurant, which I found through Trip Advisor!
Leo, the owner, very friendly and all the staff, hard working!
Abit away from the center but well worth the walk and after a fantastic meal, a little fresh air and exercise the best thing before going to bed!
Can't wait to go again!
Leo, hasta la vista!

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Mixed review here”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

After finding your reviews here we decided to try this restaurant. It's certainly not one you would just come across. The decor was lovely, we were warmly greeted and welcomed with an apperatif.
My starter of artichokes was delicious. I have never had them prepared this way. The other starters were good too. My steak was delicious, cooked exactly as I had requested. The others had a sort of short ribs dish. This was not good. Very tough meat when you could find it amongst the masses of fat. We declined dessert and had very good coffee. I think my companions chose unwisely as I would certainly go again another time.

• Visited April 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Read about Asador Bolixe on Trip Advisor Jane Golder”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We read about this place on Trip Advisor, thank god we had the most amazing meal and service and would highly recommend you search it out, We went for dinner and the owner could not make us feel any more welcome, he chatted away in english and served us beautiful starters of crushed olives and maryrose style dip with beautiful biscuits, we had various warm breads with pouring oils were amazing. we had tapas style Bevarian ham so good. The highlight was when our steaks arrived what a treat served with amazing veg and spiced potatoes. Washed down with a beautiful bottle of wine. I had lemon sorbet with pieces of lemon and they poured vodka over the sorbet, my husband had pancakes with caramel inside so good. we were delighted with our night and very reasonable for 60 Euros. Highly recommend.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank djrr44
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Exceptional”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have dined at Bolixe several time but it has only been for lunch. Initially it came as a recommendation as I knew a guy who wife worked in the restaurant that was about 3/4 years ago.
Well we booked a table for 8:30 we arrived and we were greeted by a really polite and cheerful chap possibly the owner which was really nice as many restaurants we have been to in Mallorca (over the last 25/30 years) you sometimes feel you are a hindrance and very few pleasantries are exchanged.
The restaurant was quiet but that was not an issue to us as we don't have an issue with that as the company and the food is our main criteria. The chap asked us would we like a Spanish or English menu we took one of each as I don't speak Spanish but my partner does, he said that the Spanish one was slightly more up to date but I must say he was very jovial he took the drinks order i asked if they ad a house tinto he said no but recommended this particular red it was lovely and very reasonably priced too,left us then for 10 mins to go through the menu when he came back I ordered the Spanish sausage he enthused that it was a speciality of the restaurant , my god they were fantastic not to oily or greasy. My partner had the Carpaccio of Salmon not only was it plentiful it was delightful in texture and flavour. And the main course I ordered Sirlion steak (sizes were either 200g or 400g I opted for the smaller) the waiter I think was surprised I opted for the smaller one as I suppose most guys go for the biggest steak own the menu. Well I can tell you I was more than satisfied with the size and he flavour I like my steak rare and It came perfectly cooked as generally when you ask for rare it comes medium don't know why!!! Just before the starters arrived the waiter brought us some Serrano ham to try complimentary it was Devine he comes over as a true foodie who loves the product he is selling.
The waitress who brought us our food was very good attentive with out the feeling of her being camped on your table or if you wanted something you can't find her nice smile and nothing seemed to much trouble.
I have eaten some lovely steaks around Mallorca over the years but I have to say the steak I had here was superior to steaks I have had elsewhere.
To sum up its a truly superb restaurant during the day it's always busy and you would need to reserve a table in the evening because of where it is situated its a lot quieter but if you dine out for wonderful food excellent service in a nice contemporary restaurant the this is he place to go. We definitely will dine out in the evening in the future as we are here about every three months and for the Ulithi of food the price I feel is very good value for money and you can't say that for too many places as we have an apt in Port Andratx its hard to find value for money here as your paying about 30% for a view

S enjoy

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Trickydicky555
Palma
“very good”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had the set menu aperitif , mixed starter prawn salad and broken egg and ham with potato, a bottle of red wine, main mixed meat BBQ meats, desert and coffee/tea followed by an invitation drink. €60 for 2. The host was very friendly and the waitress was very polite. Everywhere was clean and the decor modern . I will go back . Only neg. although it was quite busy there was little atmosphere may be it needed some big groups to liven it up.

• Visited February 2013