“A wonderful beach”

Playa de S'Amarador
Reviewed November 3, 2013

There are many small beaches from which to choose in the Cala d'Or area and this is one of the best. A small cafe bar. Great for families with young children.

2  Thank Lukajoreb

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Playa de S'amarador is a short walk around the cove from Cala de sa Font de n'Alis, (Cala Mondrago), and I MUCH, MUCH prefer the latter. Kind of 'sister' beaches, one sister being Cameron Diaz, and the other, Susan Boyle.
S'amarador is less developed and is always less populated than Mondrago, and ordinarily I would favour these characteristics. However, there is just something about this beach that I don't like. Instead of the 'remote paradise' feeling of somewhere like Es Trenc, it just seems remote. Possibly because of this, it is no where near as well kept as Cala Mondrago.
The wider expanse of this beach, along with its depth, always makes me think that it should be surrounded by hotels, which it isn't. I would love this undeveloped vista anywhere else, but here it makes me think that some hideous 'act of God' has taken place. Personification aside, it's just unwelcoming.
This may be the daftest review I've written. It's certainly the most subjective.
Nevertheless, I'd much rather be around the corner on Mondrago beach, which is cleaner, has a far superior atmosphere, and is a much more pleasing environment.

1  Thank 39000ft
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I visited this beach on the 4th October and must say that as with Es Trenc this was the biggest dissapointment of my holiday.
I picked a very bad day to go it seems because the water was almost at tropical storm like rougness and was quite unswimmable for all but the very brave - the water looked akin to what I see in the Thames each day.
However my one star is not based upon weather conditions because this is the nature of things with beaches and the beauty of the spot is undeniable - on a calm day I can imagine it being truly stunning.
No, this one star appraisal is based on the fact that this beach was filled with seaweed all along the sand that not only looked awful but smelt much worse - it really was almost seweresque and could not be tolerated for long so the long drive to this beach was quickly restarted the other way.
Additionally the amount of rubbish on the beach was shocking - I have never seen such litter even on Southend beach - so if this is what 'natural' looks like I feel an injection of humanity is needed and a major clear up should be administered (as with Es Trenc). There was 2 litre bottles of cola, crisp packets and the like everywhere so even if I had encountered the seemingly mythical crystal clear waters as reported I'd still give this a one star because of the filth and stench.
In summary, I suggest people going here to pick their day of visit carefully to avoid the rough seas and also perhaps consider giving it a wide berth and popping over to nearby Cala Mondrago (Ses Fonts de n' alis) which was still a bit smelly but considerably less so than S'Aramador and without the rubbish.
I will post pictures I took or if I can - a video of it shortly.

2  Thank Sean R
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Nice secluded beach set within mondrago national park -lovely clear blue water, clean sand and surrounded by trees - definitely recommend a visit for a beach day! Very busy but hey it's august and peak period.

2  Thank Willjacksonwj
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I really enjoyed htis beach and though it was very unique but my husband preffered Es Trenc. Even though bot beaches are crowded Es Trenc was a much bigger space so people were not basically stacked on top of eachother like you are at Playa de S'Amarador. To make hte crowds worse large day cruises dump people off here by the hundred! The walk down to the beach is nice though and the snak bar drink prices were fair with no real upcharge. Parking was also free.

2  Thank MissieMom07