“Little gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Taberna del Caracol
Ranked #262 of 2,087 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Notts
“Little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed on the same road as this little tapas place and ate here on our last evening. The sangria packed a punch and the staff were friendly and welcoming. Most of the tables were taken on a random November evening, which is testimant to how good the place is.

We ordered 3 each of the tapas dishes; gambas, mushrooms, grilled cheese, chorizo, meatballs, squid etc etc

The kitchen is open and the food is bought to the table as soon as it's cooked. We loved this place and would recommend it to all.

• Visited November 2013

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Worth seeking out this little gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Visited this restaurant on TA recommendations. Very pleasant, cosy, busy on the evening we were there. Enjoyed mixed tapas for 2 - highly recommended - sensible prices. Well worth the effort to find it (near the Arab baths). Give them some business. You won't regret it.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Judith331
Kensington, MD
“One of the best tapas place in Palma”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This place by far serves the best tapas in town. The food is delicious and the portions are big. My wife and I ordered 5 tapas and we were stuffed to the gill. The best were queso de cabre frito (fried goat cheese) and gambas a la plancha (grilled prawns). The former was not at all greasy and grilled to perfection, and the latter was fresh and sweet. We also ordered alcachofas a la plancha (grilled artichoke), girgolas con queso roquefort (mushroom in roquefort cheese sauce) and pulpo a la Gallega (grilled octopus). Every one was prepared well. The mushroom was one of our favorite, although it was very very rich. The wait person was bilingual and was very friendly. With a bottle of wine the bill was less than €80. We had paid much more at Jaleo in Washington DC.

• Visited November 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“OMG - Food to die for !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Looked up this restaurant based on the reviews I found here before going to Palma with my husband.

Took quite alot of time trying to find it but it was only due to my complete lack of direction at time!!

It is an absolutely wonderful place with very helpful and attentive staff and simply stunningly gorgeous food.

My husband and I were looking at going for the mixed tapas dish at 14 euros per person, trying to decide if we wanted to have it or would it be too much? At the table next to us the waiter brought out an enormous platter with 8 tapas dishes on it. The waiter came to ask for our order and realised that we must have been wondering what it was and told us it was the mixed tapas. At that point we realised that we weren't that hungry and wanted to enjoy the dishes we chose.

The waiter took his time to help us with our Spanish and gave us some very good advice re: choice of dishes.

We chose to have the home made chicken croquettes, the oyster mushrooms and to my husband's surprise I insisted that based on the reviews I had read that we had to have thee dates wrapped in bacon.

All of the dishes which we ate were truly delicious, the chicken croquettes were moist and very tasty, the oyster mushrooms were cooked to perfection steeped in garlic and tasted just like a great piece of steak they were that meaty and as for the dates wrapped in bacon, they were to die for, my husband as I said was sceptical that I would like them but what can I say, they were simply out of this world.

Come to Palma and go to this restaurant, next time we are in Palma, we will be visiting again !!!

• Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful place: helpful and attentive staff and.....simply stunningly gorgeous food. The waiter took time to help me with mySpanish and gave good advice re: choice if dishes. The dates wrapped in bacon is truly delicious. Come to Palma and go to this restaurant.