We stayed for 2 nights over a weekend and had no problems at all. Really easy hotel to find, we took the bus from the airport which was very cheap and stoppped right outside the hotel.
The staff were helpful and polite. Our room was on the 4th floor and was a good size with a big bathroom. We didn't have a view but this meant the room was very quiet. There were no drink making facilities in the room but we emptied the mini bar and put our own drinks in there to chill.
The bed was really comfy and big and the room had a contemporary décor.
The hotel is situated so that it is a lovely walk down to the cathedral through pedestrianized streets. We walked to 2 amazing restaurants for our evening meals, Simply Fosh and Bri. Both were excellent.
The tram to Soller is a 2 minute walk away and so is the train station so it is easy to travel around the island if you have a longer stay.
We would definitely recommend this hotel for location and price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel UR Palacio Avenida is a modern establishment, which opened its doors in 2009 after being carefully refurbished by the well-known architect Bruno Borrione, member of the Philippe Starck team. The result of his hard work was a perfect balance between comfort and design. The materials used and the great details that went into the conversion of this emblematic building, which originally and since 1942 had been the Cinema Avenida, to the current day UR Palacio Avenida, have led to the hotel being a highly considered boutique hotel in the city.The hotel remains open all year round and offers a personalised service to both businessmen and those who simply wish to enjoy their holidays.Its central location, with direct access to public transport makes it easy to reach any part of the island.A few meters away from the hotel is located the largest public parking of the city and only 300 meters away, is located the Hotel UR Mision de San Miguel where a private parking is available for hotel guests of both hotels (costs apply).The Hotel UR Palacio Avenida has 68 rooms, with extraordinary natural light, views of the centre of Palma de Mallorca and modern furnishing, which cares for the smallest detail.The hotel also offers a coffee shop. Wireless Internet access in all areas of the building and a safety deposit box in the room are both free of charge.The modular conference rooms cover a total of 200m2 and have been perfectly designed to meet the needs of any event meeting, banquet, conference or presentation. The modern and comfortably furnished rooms can be divided by mobile panels and are also equipped with internet access, air conditioning, a projector and large screen, and direct access to an exterior terrace which is ideal for coffee breaks.Due to the unique location of the hotel, guests can enjoy the main shopping areas and cultural activities, excursions, golf, restaurants, etc.Also from the hotel reception can be arranged any special request of the guest, boat trips, rent a car, excursions around the island, winery tours, visit to the Caves of Drach, etc.For guests who wish a more personalized service Private Concierge is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your UR Palacio Avenida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ur Palacio Avenida Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- UR Palacio Avenida Palma De Mallorca, Majorca