“Loved it”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Spend a lot of time in Palma, fab cocktails, fab service, great food, very relaxing, highly reccomend!

“Very good tapas”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

A bohemian, cosy small restaurant with very good tapas! Must try the bacon/dates "meatballs" with chèvre. Very special!

Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
“Excelente experiencia”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I was doubting about going because of the mix reviews, but my girlfriend and I decided to give it a chance...the place is simply cool, no other way to describe it. The menu is as everybody said it tapas with a twist, I really enjoyed and had no problems with the service at all. The design and music of the place is also outsanding, I understood that the person who decorate the whole place is the wife of the chef. Great combination indeed. I'm generally not an easy client to please... they did a great job and I walked out sastisfied. Definitely a must in Mallorca

• Visited April 2012
Dublin Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never Again!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Just back from a great week in Palma and on our last night we went to Neo Cultural as it was our wedding annivsary. It was about 9pm and there were only about 6 people there. We were shown to our table and given the menus. We selected a starter and main course of rack of lamb and a steak. The starter came which was very small but ok. More people arrived in and as time went on we realised they were being served before us! Forty five minutes later our mains arrived which didn't look like rack of lamb! I called the waitress who didn't have a word of english and she got the waitress who took our order. When I pointed out that this was not rack of lamb she apoliged and said it was finished! How could that be if only 6 people were there before us. She tried to say that it was leg of lamb but I know it was the cheapest cut possible.
The steak was about half an inch thick and not very good. We asked for our bill to discover they charged full price and when we asked for a discount they gave us someone elses bill! We asked for the manager but she never showed instead sent a bill with €2 discount! This was the worst place we had been all week and the most expensive. Avoid this place at all costs or be ripped off.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank col1
London, United Kingdom
“Bad experience - wasted one of our 3 nights”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We chose this restaurant because of the welcoming guy outside and because we liked the "mixed tapas selection" menu on offer outside. After discussion with the waitress about the types of paella, we ordered a seafood paella along with the mixed tapas. This was at 9pm, we were told the paella would take 30 minutes or so but this was fine as we would have the tapas first.
So after a while the selection of 6 tapas turned up. None of the ones we had ordered although the waitress insisted it was. Chef came out and we said we wanted what was on the board outside, he looked, agreed it wasn't right and said he'd change it. Eventually the next plate of tapas came, at least half were still not the things we had ordered! Having already got through 2 glasses of wine each while waiting and being hungry we decided to just eat what we were given although we didn't like some of it. Time went on and at 10.30. ( an hour and a half since ordering) the paella arrived. Guess what, not seafood paella at all, it had chicken and other meat in it. Really annoyed now, fed up and hungry we spoke to the waitress who blamed the chef, and the chef who blamed the waitress. We didn't eat it and said we would only pay for the tapas and drinks. A woman who I assume was the same one other reviewers have talked about brought the bill, with no apology and really quite rude.
The restaurant was not busy, a Monday in march. We had just 3 nights in Palma so what a shame we spent one of them here. There are plenty of other places, so my advice is, although others have put good reviews, don' t take the risk.
The following evening we had a fabulous meal in a beautiful setting at Cala Mayor just outside Palma at Il Paradiso. Easily accessible by taxi or bus, a complete contrast in every way to the night before.
I always do lots of research for hotels on trip advisor, in future I will make sure I pay as much attention to restaurant reviews.

Visited March 2012