“Excellent bar”

Bar Restaurante 1955
Ranked #675 of 2,690 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Reviewed October 21, 2018

A great place to drink and eat the staff my word we have returned to this Restaurante on three trips and after even two years of not going the island the staff remembered us upon our return this year and welcomed us like old friends

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Lovely little find right on beach front in Arenal. Very freindly staff - great service and good choice of wine. Definitely recommend a visit if anyone is in the area.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Had 4 nights away and spend lots of time here. Day and night. Staff excellent. Beer and cocktails spot on!

Would happily come again anytime! Keep
It up

Plus. A great view

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

The pork ribs were awful, the taste was of that typical swine stench. Cheap pork. Food overpriced. Disappointed.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 25, 2018

I really like this restaurant. The location is great you have a lovely view of the beach right across the street. The staff is very helpful and open and I have noticed that they have the tendency of bonding with the customer . All in all really a friendly place.

In terms of food I have been there twice so far (I rarely go more than once to same place ) and I like that the menu is more diversified than in other places and it comes in 4 languages. Even though you can also find on the menu the "fast food" type of food specific like a steak with french fries and salad or pizza the presentation of it really shows class. Also for those who like french fries I was surprised to see that they do not use frozen bagged potatoes but fresh ones.
The food was good , I like that it was not to oily. I have tried the Gulash soup (super good ) some calamari and prawns (appreciate that prawns came with wet towel package included).
In terms of drinks I have only tried Sangria both red and white and it was lovely , I particularly liked the presentation because the cup contained many fruits but also the drink was rich in taste.

The prices are moderate , for 20 Euro i usually got a tapas , a basic steak with chips and salad and a cup of Sangria.
Also they say the Paella is good (I personally do not like paella but saw people ordering and looked nice).

All in all I enjoy this place and I strongly recommend it. 5 stars.

Date of visit: May 2018