“Coctailbar with a very exciting and different interior.”
Review of Abaco

Abaco
Ranked #139 of 2,267 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Llotja-Born
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was told that this place was worth a visit by a friend. So when me and my three girlfriends visited Palma Mallorca september 2013 we spent one evening there. It is just a place you have to visit, I have never seen anything like this before. I will not even mention what it was like, just go there and experience this very special Amazing Place.

There are newer reviews for Abaco

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just come back from first experience of Palma and Abaco. We visited Abaco twice and we really loved it. It is a bar that we have never experienced before and we loved it. Classical music, classic cocktails ( yes they are expensive but I've paid similar in other places and they've never tasted this good) and the whole place exudes elegance and style. I would have given it 5 stars but I'm really not a fan of the caged birds and didn't see how they enhanced my experience particularly as the classical music is lovely enough in itself. I'd also like to know what happens to the mounds of fruit and vegetables that are everywhere. It would be a shocking waste if they were just discarded. A previous reviewer is right though try it if only once as you won't have seen anything like it before.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Bar Abaco is just a so unique. As you walk through the door, you are met by cascading flowers, candles and fruit. The outdoor courtyard is magical, atmospheric, pretty and warm. If you want to experience a slice of old Spanish style and elegance, you must visit...to sit and sip a cocktail, listening to opera and birds singing is a magical experience. Yes its expensive, but where else would you find such wonderful surroundings? Try it, if only once.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Yes, it's expensive, yes it's 'kitsch' but I defy anyone to not be astonished when they walk through that wooden door! As for the waiters, they may not exactly exude charm, but you can sit wherever you like, (although only a couple we could have a table for four), the service is prompt and we were allowed to linger over our drink for as long as we wanted just 'gawping' at the stuff!!! A truly unique experience.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The place is an interesting if a little Disney style concept. It is a tourist honey pot, you will not find any locals here. It is €16 for all drinks on the menu (they don't tell you that they do beer but even that's €9 a go). The cocktails are very average but the real killer here above the over priced drinks is the really poor /out right rude and dismissive service. Seriously, this is a town with far too many excellent bars to both with this place!