“Terrible, one to avoid”

Neighborhood: La Llotja-Born
UK
“Terrible, one to avoid”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We are regular visitors to Palma and have fairly good knowledge of the restaurant scene. Whilst we have our favourites we like to try places we have not eaten at before. Sadly we tried El Tunel recently and had our first ever really bad meal experience in Palma.

The restaurant looks nice from outside being an old building with nice stone features and lots of character.

We arrived at around 8.30pm and asked for a table for 2 and were led up a large stone staircase to the first floor and then to one of a number of very small cramped rooms. Our room had 5 tables cramped into it. We were left quite a while before anyone came for our order and then there was a language problem as the waitress could not speak English or it seemed Spanish. After eventually picking our food we then had another wait before the waitress returned to say something we ordered was finished so we had to pick again. When our starter of anchovies on bruscetta arrived it was an enormous plate of food and was not particularly good.

When trying to order food or drinks the tables had a small electronic device with a button to press to attract a waiter or to request the bill. I could understand the reason for this system as many small rooms were isolated from the main restaurant. The problem was that it didnt work! Most of the tables including us were having to press the button on many occassions during long waits between service. I dont mind waiting for good quality food but it is not acceptable to spend long periods waiting with an empty glass and not being able to attract waiters. 4 out of the 5 tables in our room were all having problems and getting annoyed at having to wait ages for every request.

When our main courses did arrive it was a similar story to the starter. Very large portions of below average food.

Unfortunately there was a problem with the electricity during our night at this restaurant and the lights kept going out. Eventually we decided we just wanted to leave and I tried to attract a waiter for the bill. 10 minutes after requesting the bill I asked a different waitress for the bill and she said the till was not working and we would have to wait another couple of minutes for the bill. After a further 10 minutes I then complained to yet another waiter (who appeared to be in charge). I told him that this was my third request for the bill and that we had already been waitng 20 minutes to pay! At this point he was quiite rude and simlpy said "well you have not asked me before"

This is the worst restaurant experience we have ever had in Palma and this is the first negative review I have had to write about this lovely city which has so many good places to eat.

Give it a miss.

• Visited July 2012

• Greek first
Karlsruhe
“THE WORST RESTAURANT EVER”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've been to many differnt restaurants, but this one is the worst ever. For start, we asked for table for 3, and the waitress points us with a knife where to sit. It doesn't end here, they've put us to sit almost in front of the entrence, although the upstairs was almost empty, just a few custommers. We ordered some red wine with still water. Waitress pours us red wine, which is the only thing good there, and than she opens a bottle of half liter plastic bottle and fills with it 2 glasses, and third glass she pours what's left inside, which is almost nothing and doesn't even bother to open another bottle of water. Nothing. It goes further. We thought, ok, it's not such a big deal, but then I found a peace, not a small one, of aluminum foil in my meal. Of course I found it out in my mouth. Terrible. The waitress saw that I was pissed but bothered nothig to ask or to do. What a service. If you ever were thinking to go to eat there, please spare youself a lot of money and go somewhere else where they bother about their customers.

• Visited April 2012
Karlsruhe
“THE WORST RESTAURANT EVER”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Drug T
Alicante, Spain
“Best steak in town !!”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We ate here 2 of the 3 nights we were in Palma. The first night we had solomillo beef steak and it was the best steak I have ever had, perfectly cooked and very tender. The house rioja was good, service excellent, prices reasonable for Palma. Nice atmosphere

Visited March 2012
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“What a little gem. Excellent wine and spanish food.”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Found this little gem as we were walking back to the car park next to the cathedral, this is on the other side of the main road that links with the 3 lane road around the harbour.
Excellent value for money, good choices in both meat and seafood.

• Visited September 2011