“THE WORST RESTAURANT EVER”
Review of El Tunel

El Tunel
Ranked #539 of 2,321 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Llotja-Born
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've been to many differnt restaurants, but this one is the worst ever. For start, we asked for table for 3, and the waitress points us with a knife where to sit. It doesn't end here, they've put us to sit almost in front of the entrence, although the upstairs was almost empty, just a few custommers. We ordered some red wine with still water. Waitress pours us red wine, which is the only thing good there, and than she opens a bottle of half liter plastic bottle and fills with it 2 glasses, and third glass she pours what's left inside, which is almost nothing and doesn't even bother to open another bottle of water. Nothing. It goes further. We thought, ok, it's not such a big deal, but then I found a peace, not a small one, of aluminum foil in my meal. Of course I found it out in my mouth. Terrible. The waitress saw that I was pissed but bothered nothig to ask or to do. What a service. If you ever were thinking to go to eat there, please spare youself a lot of money and go somewhere else where they bother about their customers.

2  Thank Drug T

Reviewed March 21, 2012

We ate here 2 of the 3 nights we were in Palma. The first night we had solomillo beef steak and it was the best steak I have ever had, perfectly cooked and very tender. The house rioja was good, service excellent, prices reasonable for Palma. Nice atmosphere

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Found this little gem as we were walking back to the car park next to the cathedral, this is on the other side of the main road that links with the 3 lane road around the harbour.
Excellent value for money, good choices in both meat and seafood.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

We had the Tapas of the day menu and really enjoyed.
Some of the best Calamare I have had for a while.
When we told them that the olives were good they bought out several more dishes at no extra charge. Unhurried atmosphere with pleasant staff

Reviewed September 23, 2011

We found this place purely by accident when walking back to the city centre from the marina. A couple of beers in the cool bar area gave great and welcome relief from the heat outside as at that time it was 32 degrees in the shade!

We had the Tapas menu for the day (6 tapas for €15) which consisted of croquettas, chorizos in red wine, tortilla espanol (yeah, it's an omlette I know), a local black pudding, a wooden plate of sliced suasages and chorizos and a massive pile of calamari all of whcih was perfect for two people as a light lunch.

I would like to see what that place is like in the evening as I imagine it would be very busy indeed but certainly for a lunchtime stop it was perfect.