“Good food but excessively expensive”
Review of Kiosko Pirata

Kiosko Pirata
Ranked #197 of 250 Restaurants in Formentera
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were in Platja d'Illetes and we decided to try El Pirata for lunch as we fancied some paella. The service was very pleasant and efficient but the prices are quite high. We ordered paella for the two of us because we really fancied it but we thought 30€ per person for any paella or rice in the menu was totally excessive! considering it is just a chirping unto on the beach! with plastic tables and chairs! no table cloth and cheap cutlery and glasses! but I suppose you pay for the location, that is stunning. I would go back there but just to have a beer, definitely not for lunch, a bit of a rip off in my opinion.

2  Thank TaniaBCN1
There are newer reviews for Kiosko Pirata

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Titi, knows how to run a great beach restaurant and is just amazing. I called him from our boat telling him that we would be arriving at a certain time and before we arrived he had the dingy waiting for us. Upon arrival on the beach he had the delicious pitchers of cava sangria ready to pour..man oooh man they do the best paella in the world.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I visited with my friends because we had been recommended this place and it was worth it! We were there for the sunset, at around 8.30, the music was fantastic, 60s,70s,80s kind of music, the cocktails were nice ( a bit expensive, 10 € each, but worth it for the location and atmosphere) and there was a good bunch of people. The views from outside el Kiosco are absolutely stunning and we really enjoyed it. Very good!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This bar/restaurant is a complete rip off. A pint cost €8, coke €4.50 and small water €4. I refused to pay these prices and sent the drink back. In the main restaurant dishes cost in excess of €20 so we went into the bar restaurant. Here we had a pizza for €12 which was nice but priced excessively as it was purely a pre-made and warm up job, possibly from a supermarket. Sandwiches were €8 each. I would strongly recommend bringing food and drink to this gorgeous beach, and avoiding these rip off merchants at Kiosko Pirata.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This bar/restaurant is a complete rip off. A pint cost €8, coke €4.50 and small water €4. I refused to pay these prices and sent the drink back. In the main restaurant dishes cost in excess of €20 so we went into the bar restaurant. Here we had a pizza for €12 which was nice but priced excessively as it was purely a pre-made and warm up job, possibly from a supermarket. Sandwiches were €8 each. I would strongly recommend bringing food and drink to this gorgeous beach, and avoiding these rip off merchants at El Pirate.