“Ibiza...A Party Island But So Much More”
Review of Ibiza

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
New Jersey
1 helpful vote
“Ibiza...A Party Island But So Much More”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My wife and I just returned from our first trip to Ibiza, Spain but certainly not our last. We vacationed here for the main reason of finally seeing our favorite dj - Tiesto - dj at a venue outside of our home area of New Jersey and New York City. The venue was the nightclub Privilege, which is noted as the world's largest club, and I do have to say...it is HUGE! The experience was amazing, and my wife and I had a blast dancing that night away. Ibiza is well known as being a party island, and we did do a little more clubbing during this holiday, visiting other parties such as Bora Bora Beach Club and We Love Space Sunday afternoon party, but we also enjoyed the other treats that this island has to offer.

An afternoon visit to the Hippy Market provided some great deals on souvenirs, and a visit to Cala De Hort beach, provided an awesome view of the mystic islands of Es Vedre. We had dinner there and with Es Vedre in the background as we ate, nothing could have been a more romantic setting.

Another romantic dinner was at Cafe Savannah with our table being at front stage to an amazing Ibiza sunset. It was our first ever witnessing a sun set in the horizon and it was just magical.

We definitely look forward to returning to Ibiza and may even do so next year 2010. Since we came in September, we encountered a bit of rain on some of our days, which prevented us from visiting Ibiza Town or even having more beach time. This is the reason I did not give this vacation a full rating of excellent. Next year, we plan to go either in June or July when it's pretty much gauranteed to be dry.

Paris, France
2 helpful votes
“Balearic Islands”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Try the small villages further inland and the beaches on the north side of the island. Nice rustic bars, incredible views. Much better than discotecas.

1 Thank jlabbie
Sydney
“All you need is Ibiza”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Hello Party People, I welcome you to explore with me through sheer words the undisputed 'premier party capital of the world', that is Ibiza. This very title was the party destination of choice for my sister and I to celebrate our 18th and 21st birthdays. I recommend this party destination of the world to anyone and you too will want the celebration whatever the occasion, like us, to never end!
By the end of this review you will be able to see, smell and feel the Island through the vivid imagination your mind will set through the words in this review.
You'll feel you have had a taste of Ibiza, but remember you must experience it to believe it! I guarantee your heart will be pumping, you'll share in the natural high the Island automatically gives you the minute you step off the boat or plane
and you'll be yearning to embrace the hedonist's playground of Ibiza.

On the Island of Ibiza where anything can happen, it is just a boat ride across the mystical Mediterranean Sea, 79 km off the coast of the city of Valencia in peninsular Spain. It is the third largest of the Balearic Islands, an autonomous community of Spain, Islands include Mayorca, Manorca Formentera and Ibiza. Together with Formentera, it is one of the two Pine Islands. Its largest cities are Ibiza Town, Santa Eulària des Riu and Sant Antoni de Portmany.

The island is well-known for its summer club parties which attract large numbers of tourists year after year. Home to the world's largest, unique and out of this world dance clubs, you must pay to experience and expect nothing but the biggest and the best of the dance club world. Trademark Clubs include Space, Pacha, Privilege, Amnesia, DC10, Eden, Es Paradis, and Café del Mar. So, I welcome you to step inside the club with me...& just remember to let your imagination run wild with the thought that it's the place where clubbers experience the best entertainment and your wildest dreams are answered, as anything can happen!
Privilege (the largest club in the world), Eden (the busiest nightclub in Sant Antoni), Es Paradís (noted for its water parties), Amnesia (known for foam parties), Space (an afterparty club), Pacha, and DC10.
During the summer, well-known DJs perform at the various clubs on weekly schedules, in between touring to other international destinations. Many of these DJs use Ibiza as an outlet for presenting new songs within the house, trance and techno genres of electronic dance music.
The season traditionally begins at the start of June with Space and DC10's opening parties and finishes on the first weekend of October with the Closing Parties. A typical schedule for clubbers going to Ibiza includes waking at noon, early evening naps, late night clubbing, and "disco sunrises"...This is where I quote "I'll sleep when the Ibiza summer's over", you never have time to sleep and the closest you get is a nice nap whilst luxing out on the beach during the day, soaking up the Meditteranean Spanish Sun!"
Also well-known is Café del Mar, a long-standing bar where many tourists traditionally view the sunset made famous by José Padilla. That and other bars close by have become an increasingly popular venue for club pre-parties after sunset, hosting popular DJ performers.
Unforgettably, Ibiza is also home to the 'West End' party district of Sant Antoni, a popular stop for many tourists and the ever popular sunset parties.

To escape there even more and set you up for sheer Ibiza dreaming before you get there, I encourage you to read:
- Joshua Then and Now by Mordecai Richler
- Soma Blues by Robert Sheckley
- Vacation in Ibiza by Lawrence Schimel
- A Short Life on a Sunny Isle: An Alphonse Dantan Mystery by Hannah Blank
- They Are Ruining Ibiza by A.C. Greene
- The Python Project by Victor Canning.

Listen to the genre of dance music named after Ibiza dubbed Balearic Beat, the style tries to reflect the atmosphere of Ibiza. This atmosphere is brought on with the use of synthesized string instruments, the sound of waves, mandolins and guitars, and wispy vocals.
Songs about Iboiza include The song Ibiza Bar by Pink Floyd, and the infamous, who could forget the party song 'We're Going to Ibiza' by Vengaboys which is typically about going to Ibiza and having a party there.

Loose yourself and your hearing watching the film 'It's All Gone Pete Tong, an independent comedy/drama about a DJ who goes deaf and was filmed on location in Ibiza.
Also, the film Kevin and Perry Go Large which was also set and filmed in Ibiza, about two young boys who travel there.

On my last words, I share with you my personal warning...Ibiza is an addiction, you will feel the natural high of this magical meditteranean Island and your heart will beat for it until you return once more & your head will sing...."Whoah! We're Going To Ibiza, Whoah! Back To The Island, Whoah! We're Going To Ibiza, Whoah! We're Gonna Have A Party
Whoah! In The Mediterranean Sea!"

Düsseldorf
57 helpful votes
“Paradise like holiday...”
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I love going to places where I have never been before. I must admit Ibiza was not on top of my list, probably because it is too near for me living in Germany. Nevertheless, I told my friends that I have to go there before I am old & wrinkly. Whilst stories I have heard that Ibiza is the place to party.

That is an undestatement. The Balearean Island of Ibiza is a wonderful place to be. I ask myself why I only came now. Looking good, wrinkle free & fit at 42, I still regret coming only now. The parade of youthful bodies & attractive people are such an incentive for this luxurious holiday I took with my BFF.

We rented a car & drove to almost every scenic spot in Ibiza. The coves & the beaches are all unique in each way.. My favorite spot is Cala Jondal. Just to mention that these lounge chairs are all pre-reserved! We were lucky & with some charm works & got a pair of chase/lounge chairs at KM5. We spent the day under the umbrella at KM5 & Blue Marlin. The food is surprisingly deliscious, the sangria is great! dozing off while listening to chill-out music, and a quick dip in the natural pool. Out there in the open. It's bliss!

Playa de Salinas is also a very interesting beach area. There's a parking area for an minimal day fee. A short walk to the beach is the Jockey Club & alittle bit further is Sa Trinxa. More chill-out music & beautiful hip crowd. Food at Sa Trinxa is also excellent & good service.

Clubbing scene, we only went to three: to Pacha's [--] Me I'm Famous party. Great music, lots of fun. Expensive entrace & drinkls ;) The club is huge with different sections & fantastic!

Space is alright but nothing outrageous. Good music, animators/dancers.

El Devino is also a nice place with a lovely terrace looking out to Ibiza City. The dance floor is a bit small.

Bora Bora beach club is where they play house music on the beach. Lots of younger crowd along Playa den Bossa.

I must say I didn't bother going around San Antonio for it's reputation of having the much younger rowdier crowds.

We did a day trip to Formentera. Beautiful caribbean like clear shallow waters. There are two places to take the ferry, down at Playa de'n Bossa & Ibiza City. It's 25euros back & forth.
Some tickets are offered for 35euros.

We booked our rental car at the lobby of our hotel, the ferry & club tickets too . The club tickets are also being sold by street vendors at cheaper rates than at the gates.

Lots of shops selling souvenir items & knick knacks, Club shops like Pacha, Space all over the place.

Ibiza is a wonderful beautiful exciting & relaxing place to be.
No offense meant, but to my observations, I saw only a few older people (probably most of them living there) and little amount of family with children. Most of whom probably have their own fincas or boats.

Horsham, United Kingdom
15 helpful votes
“Expensive in 2009”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We stayed in a lovely villa on the outskirts of San Antoni and on the whole had a good holiday, however I must warn any travellers to Ibiza that 2009 may not be the best year to go if you have any form of budget. The Euro:Stirling balance makes this a very expensive place to be.
For example, for 4 we paid £50 for breakfast (I had srambled eggs with toast, so not a huge meal!), one round of drinks at KM5 cost us £55 and the bottle of bacardi we bought at a nightclub worked out at £250 (buying a bottle is a cheaper way to do it if you want more than one drink each for the evening; all your mixers will then be included).
Having said that, the beaches are great and the locals friendly. It helps if you speak a smattering of Spanish if you leave the main tourist spots.
In San Antoni I can really recommend getting out to Bar Boulevard for an evening. It caters mainly for locals so don't be put off by the main bar, which looks bog standard with a pool table. The back room is sumptuously decorated, and the garden is a perfect chill out spot for the evening, with private cubicles each containing its own style of seating; there are modern cube stools, comfy couches and even a bed. At the end of the evening as you pay for your drinks the staff will organise your taxi; we got a free shot everytime while we waited for the taxi to collected us and the staff made us feel really welcome.
My other recommendation would be to hire a car. Get out and see the island. It is beautiful.

Been to Ibiza? Share your experiences!