“Bad service, average food”
Review of La Brasa

La Brasa
Ranked #580 of 1,760 Restaurants in Ibiza
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went here on suggestion of our hotel...it was Easter weekend and most places were fully booked. We asked for something low key and near to Ibiza town. La Brasa is low key, and has a decent location with what could be a great setting....but...firstly, the food is average...too many things on the menu, lots of reheated things....there are so many better places to eat in Ibiza. Second the service was stroppy...our waitress did not smile, got annoyed at us when we pointed out that she got our order wrong, knocked over a plant and left another customer to pick it up, and generally scowled and acted like she didn't want to he there. the manager who came over the take our payment at the end was better. Finally the outdoor area could be lovely but the chair cushions are old and tatty, the area had not been swept and tables not wiped down. Overall very disappointed and would not go back when there are so many other places to choose.

2  Thank ajblackers
Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Went here because it is a beautiful restaurant but man...it was packed and there was only 1 waitress covering an area of over 6 tables. Waited over 25 minutes to be acknowledged and we could overhear the people at the other tables complaining about the food and the service. This restaurant overall is gorgeous and the menu seemed great just don't go on a busy night is all I can say.

2  Thank IngridKm
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Like the place it cozy and nice ambiance for a big group of friends – typical Spanish. Service is bit slow if a busy night and chaotic you might need to ask 2 times to get all what you ordered. Been there around 4 times mostly good – but bit unstable with the food sometimes great and other times so so – just need to be specific. Basically like the place but not always delivering. Will probably return net season again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My friends and my wife and I decided to eat at La Brasa because of past reviews.....huge mistake!
For a so called "quality restaurant" our meal was a massive dissapointment in nearly every area.
The service was indifferent from the start and got worse as the evening progressed.
The starters were mediocre at best and we then had to wait 40 mins for the main courses to arrive.
I along with my friend ordered Entrecote steaks {mine medium, my friend's medium to well done]
Both where almost rare to the point of being "barely dead" and the quality of the meat was very poor.
I had ordered chips with my steak and they were cold [not warm or cool, cold!]
My wife had ordered duck which came almost cold.
My friend's wife had ordered salmon and this again was almost cold and the mushroom sauce did not taste has it should have done.
We obviously complained and were told the Manager was not in and that the business was short of staff.
I did not notice a lack of staff but I certainly saw a business being run in a totally chaotic and un professionel manner.
We got two meals refunded which was a totally inadequate gesture for a ruined evening.

4  Thank Davidcollinsheywood
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Amazing place tucked away in Calle Pere Sala, next to a shop, this garden restaurant is a stunner! Beautiful tables, candelliers in the trees, cozy cushions and beautiful colours. This can be a very romantic place if you go with a partner!
They do sangria cava and some amazing calamari a la blancha, which weren't on the menu. Our waiter recommended them along with some local mushrooms.
Service is very attentive and friendly and did put up with our Spanish without patronising us by replying in English.