See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 21, 2017

Stayed here fr the night on our way to Santander and thought it was brilliant. There is a massive bar/cafe that serves a drinks and slices of the hams that are hung throughout. This is a real Spanish style location where you can buy crates of wine, cheese, hams that are stacked up around the entrance to the bar/hotel. I bought a 6 bottle box of a really good rioja for 20 euros. We actually stayed in an annex to the main hotel but this was modern, clean and spacious. The staff were all very polite and friendly. There is a restaurant on site that was to a good standard but this didn't open until 8 o'clock in the evening. On a personal level, I wouldn't want to stay longer than a day or so as there wasn't much to see in the area. However, I would definitely recommend this hotel and will probably return again for a stopover next year.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel on route to Malaga from Le Havre. The staff are welcoming and food is good. We have two dogs and there was no problems with this. The hotel is immediately next to the main road although traffic noise is not an issue. When we stopped on a Friday night I was initially concerned about the police who were very apparent, this was due to many of the officers eating at the hotel on a regular basis. The car park was hardly ever without at least 2 police cars throughout the whole night. This made for a very safe area where you park. I would recommend this place to stay when passing through. Reasonable rates and good food.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2017

This was our third time finding this place 'by accident'. The hotel is situated a few minutes drive away from the motor way. There are two separate buildings, one is the reception, breakfast / bar area and restaurant, the other is the actual hotel. reasonably priced, clean rooms are great. Dinner was a set menu with fairly good choices priced at 18.50, but no vegetables or garnish, very basic but delicious.
The place was very busy evening and morning too. Plenty of trucks parked around the site. Staff very efficient and friendly. The only downside was the noise during the night. We could hear the bathroom being used, doors shutting, people talking in the corridors. Overall a good one night accommodation for a family.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2017

Stopped at this place en route to Murcia and nice hotel it is. I stayed the hotel complex away from the main building. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The service area sold reasonable priced food and a glass of red wine for €1. The only downside was I had a room at the rear of the hotel overlooking the lorry park so at 6.30 am I was woken up by trucks starting and reving their engines. Ask for a room at the front. Sell reasonable priced bottles of wine at the reception. Bought a 3 litre bottle of rioja for €15.

Room tip: Avoid rear rooms in complex unless your'e an early riser.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2016

I have often driven past this rather grand Spanish Roadhouse, but this year it was where I decided to spend the night. The complex has a large parking area behind the hotel which is full of lorries, but the hotel rooms (in my case in an annexe) were quiet and comfortable with central heating. The restaurant is in the main building as is the bar where you can have a typical Spanish Breakfast (eg orange juice, a sticky bun and coffee) at a very moderate cost.

Dinner was cost €18.75 including wine and coffee and the room cost €50. All in all dinner, bed and breakfast came to under €75. Reception also sells a range of local wines and cheese at reasonable prices. All in all an excellent place to stop if driving between Madrid and Bordeaux. One can exercise the dog in the car park, but unless you have full control of your animal, it is suggested you keep it on the lead, since not only may the lorries run it over, but the local roads are very busy.

I think this will become a regular overnight stop for me in winter when I am going round rather than over the Pyrenees.

Date of stay: December 2016