“Brocheta de Pulpo y Langostinos!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bodega Donostiarra

Bodega Donostiarra
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Gatos, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brocheta de Pulpo y Langostinos!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I went here 4 times in one day just so I could work through the menu. It was my favorite place in San Sebastian. The brocheta de pulp y langostinos is sublime and the mini completo is unique and driven by remarkable quality for something so simple. This place is awesome and not to be missed.

• Visited June 2012

• Korean first
Melbounre
“Great first experience of the pintxos scene!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We arrived early evening and had a small window to get out for some pintxos before having to put our 20 month old to bed. We thought first it's too early and second who would want a baby in their cool tapas bar. The Bodega was just down the road so we stopped there first to try our luck. The kitchen is open all day, the food amazing and the staff could not have been more friendly. There were half a dozen people in there when we started and 40+ by the time we left (7.30 on a Monday night). We did a lap of the streets in Gros and nowhere else was anywhere near as busy. Loved it.

1 Thank touchtone
Toronto, Canada
“Love This Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed in San Sebastian for a week and sort of stumbled upon this tapas bar while I was walking around the old town. It is not large...just a small place with a bar serving tapas and drinks and a couple of small tables you can stand at.
I decided to give it a go because their prices were cheaper than many others in the area. And, I was pleasantly surprised to discover how GOOD the tapas were here! I got hooked and I turned up every day during my visit. Most times, it was pretty busy. The people behind the bar are on the go non-stop but I made an effort to talk to them and soon after they recognized me and were always ready with a friendly greeting.
All in all, this was my little haven while I was here, and I dragged many other people along to check it out.
This place is also full of Spaniards all the time...which is always a good sign, in my opinion.
If you want to eat good tapas in a local environment without breaking your bank, give this charming place a try!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank TanyaM212
holanda
“Bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We came to this place referred by Pension Kursaal where we were staying. It was almost 16:00, so the time for "Menu del Dia" was almost over. I asked one of the employees if they still having the day menu and a guy, who I assumed was the "boss", told me in a very rude way that if I have any questions I need to talk to him and nobody else. He also said that it was late and the only option was to order from the menu.They had "bocadillos" very pricey in the menu.
We came from La Rioja where people were so nice and faced this rude guy really destroyed my day. Good and friendly service are very important for me, and I don't think you will get these in here. I read the other comments and the only thing that I could think is that maybe they are different with locals but with foreigners they are not friendly!

• Visited May 2012