“The most bland experience of my life!”
Review of Juanito Kojua

Juanito Kojua
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most bland experience of my life!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I'm normally not a person to review, if I get a bad experience i tend not to care too much. However, in circumstances like this I think it is appropriate to leave a review to save others from feeling our disappointment!

San Sebastián, a food lovers dream, without a shadow of a doubt, but this establishment does not even come close to falling under this bracket!

I ordered the duck breast and my fiancé ordered the lamb chops, at least the tell the truth on the menu, what you order is what you get, I had a palm full of mushrooms on the side of my chewy undercooked duck and my partner had a side of soggy cold chips next to his well done chops. With a total bill of 40euro seems fair right?
To cut to the chase, no matter how much your stomach is grumbling do yourself a favor and keep walking, there is a McDonald's a few streets away, you will be more satisfied and have a fatter wallet at the end of the night.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Louise B

• Polish first
Manila, Philippines
“Mmmmerluza!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My cousin recommended this restuarant in the old town, it was easy to find.
The restaurant was quaint and very family oriented, the staff were friendly and helpful. They recommended for me to try merluza (hake), it wasn't so much mind blowing but it was truly memorable. it melts in your mouth with just the right flavor, and it tasted so fresh. Worth going back!

• Visited February 2013
Puerto Rico
“Overpriced”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Food is good, but not as outstanding as advertised. There are other cheaper places in San Sebastian which we liked better. Bacalao a la pil pil was a disappointment

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mrhmesa
New York City, New York
“A terrific meal of local seafood”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We walked by Juanito Kojua on our visit to San Sebastian. We like the look of the interior and the hostess was quite pleasant when we made a booking for evening dinner. We were delighted with our main courses of meluza and crab gratinee. After many tapas during the day, their house salad was fresh and delicious. We highly recommend!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sally F
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
“Chosen in a rush....disappointing”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This place is overrated.It is expensive, much loved of American tour groups and generally
pretty ordinary. They managed to turn San Sebastian seafood into extremely average offerings and their salads owed much more to the can opener than to the chopping board!

Keep looking and don't be taken in by any reviews. It's not ghastly...just not very good and it's too expensive for that rating.

• Visited September 2012