We stayed in another hotel from the chain in Bilbao and loved it (Hesperia Bilbao). This hotel doesn't compare.
It is way out of the city centre and a 20min walk from the nearest part of La Concha beach. There are buses but we didn't know how to buy tickets so we didn't try them. The walk wasn't bad for two thirty somethings as long as you didn't try it in the midday heat. I wouldn't recommend it if you have kids or loads of beach stuff. You do pass a couple of nice cafes, a supermarket and some restaurants on the way in however.
The hotel itself might have looked new in 2007 as some of the reviews here suggest but it doesn't look new now (in July 2012). The carpets are worn and stained. The lift has rails around it that are not attached securely. The room we stayed in was small and felt cramped. The hotel felt like it had been built on a budget. You could hear TVs from the rooms on either side. People walking down the corridor were also easily heard.
I was glad we ended up in a room facing away from the motorway as I can imagine that would have been very noisy.
As others have said the internet didn't work in the rooms. I was offered an ethernet cable but that isn't any good when you have an iPad.
The staff were very helpful and spoke excellent English but they were by far the best things about the hotel. All in all I'd have been disappointed if I'd been there myself on business but I was upset to be there with my wife on holiday. It wasn't particularly cheap either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH San Sebastián Donosti hotel, formerly known as the Hesperia Donosti, is a great base for business travelers. It’s close to the city’s business and technology district, and has lots of major companies within walking distance. As for getting to the city center, it’s just a short drive away. - near the city’s business and technology district - within walking distance of major companies and most of the university’s buildings - a 10-minute drive from the city center – there’s a bus stop just outside the hotel, with a service to the old town running every 5 minutes We have 45 spacious rooms on 5 floors. They’re comfortable and stylish in equal measure, and come with some thoughtful extras. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your NH San Sebastian Donosti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Donosti Hotel San Sebastian - Donostia
- Hesperia Donosti San Sebastián Donostia