I stayed for six nights in the spacious room which has the balcony over the front door. The stay was part of my birthday celebration, and I was joined by a number of friends.
The staff were simply superb. I had planned the stay for some time, and was greeted like an old friend by Francisco. All of us commented on how welcoming the staff were and how much they wanted us to enjoy ourselves. All the front of house staff had an excellent knowledge of local restaurants and attractions in town and in parts nearby, including France. The breakfast, bar and lobby staff were charming and very efficient.
The deluxe room was very spacious and comfortable. The room décor is nicely understated. There was always an excellent flower arrangement in the main lobby, and the sitting room is that of an elegant country house. The impression one gets from the surrounding houses is that it was "the" area to build one's mansion back in the day.
I saw one of my friend's rooms in the annex and it was also spacious and tasteful if not quite to the level, or expense for that matter, of the deluxe room.
From my research, I knew that the hotel is not smack in the middle of downtown. It's a ten minute walk to the Zurriola beach, 20 to the old town, but with it virtually impossible to get a bad meal in San Sebastian, walking is by no means a bad thing. The street is a busy one, but quietens in the evenings which is when we made best use of the balcony. In any case, the windows are double glazed so noise isn't really an issue.
The lack of room service until 7pm caught a couple of friends off-guard as they arrived early afternoon and wanted a light meal. However, there is a supermarket less than 5 minutes away for snacks, plus you really should save your appetite for the fantastic local cuisine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Soro ocupa 2 edificios de estilo clasico, uno de los cuales fue construido en 1898 y ha sido declarado Patrimonio Historico de San Sebastian. Se proporciona conexion Wi-Fi gratuita.Todas las habitaciones disponen de minibar con bebidas sin alcohol, reproductor de DVD y ducha y banera independientes. Presentan un diseno individual de lujo, y algunas estan decoradas con obras de arte de Jorge Oteiza. Se ofrece un servicio de habitaciones con platos locales.El Villa Soro tiene aparcamiento privado gratuito y esta rodeado de arboles y de casas senoriales.El hotel cuenta con gimnasio y ofrece bicicletas y toallas de playa gratuitas. Ademas, dispone de salones amplios y una chimenea.La playa de la Zurriola, el palacio de congresos y auditorio Kursaal y el casco antiguo se encuentran a pocos pasos ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Villa Soro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Soro Hotel San Sebastian - Donostia
- Soro Hotel San Sebastián Donostia