“Amazing Tour!!”

San Sebastian Walking Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Our All-INCLUSIVE Food & Wine (PINTXO/TAPAS) Tour, or our famous City Sightseeing/Cultural Tour given only in English by an ENGLISH SPEAKING EXPAT, who has lived here for many years and who has married into the Basque Culture. Please click on the link and visit our webpage so that you can see why ours are the best and most economical Tours in Donostia-San Sebastian and to make your reservation. As a visitor here for many years before my move, I know what information is useful, be it PINTXOS/Tapas, The City sights, how to Pintxo, Restaurants or outlying attractions. To do Pintxos right, you really need someone on the inside, someone that knows where to go on the particular day you are here and can help you get the most out of what is available. I will help you explore flavors, but nothing over the top, I am very traditional in my selection of local Pintxos and pair them with local wines. I do show you the most modern bars as well. My tours are designed to give my guests a great head start on this area, from the History and Traditions, to the PROPER way to eat PINTXOS (Tapas). I show you this city with an open point of view and make you feel like a visiting family member or friend, so that after the tour is over you feel more comfortable getting around the city and looking deeper into the areas that you are most interested in. I normally keep my groups small, so it almost feels like a private tour. If you would like a private tour please, contact us for pricing and availability. My tour is best done on the first morning that you are here.
Wollongong
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Tour!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I read about this tour on tripadvisor and was so excited to go along to it because of all it's great reviews and the San Sebastian Walking Tour did not disappoint!! We went to the combo tour that is sightseeing and visitsonto 5 different pintxos bars with our guide Keith who certainly knew how to entertain us and share his deep knowledge about the history of San Sebastian. I would highly recommend this tour to everyone that visits this city as it is a great introduction to the sites, history and most importantly the amazing food! Thank you Keith for an amazing day!

1 Thank Tamika B

• Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Glad we signed up - wonderful guide who shared many great insights!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We took a combo city cum pintxos tour. Keith our guide was a wonderful host; he very patiently entertained all our questions and shared his local knowledge. We would have missed many of the sights and pintxos dishes if not for the tour. The pintxos tour included 5 stops, each to taste the speciality in each bar, pared to different drinks. Do this tour early during your visit to SS and it will enhance your overall experience.

Malaga, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great info - Totally worth to do the Combo Tour”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was delighted to have a personal tour of San Sebastian. I was travelling alone and it was the perfect way to get some knowledge about the city and its roots, while having someone to converse with!

Keith did a great job of discussing the origins of the city and how the French conquered through breaching by land. Then he further explained the Portuguese and the English helped to reconquer the city for the Spanish. What was neat is that he took me through to the "old wall" where the breach took place and I felt transported back in time with that explanation.

It was also interesting to get info you wouldn't normally get, such as the Chocolatiers and the "Chocolate Church" and what that represented in those times. I was especially taken aback by the bullets holes along the buildings from the times of conquest. It makes the history seem more vivid when the details are pointed out and I really appreciated that.

Keith was great at explaining these details. Thanks Keith!

Woodland, California
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Combo tour was great”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We showed up for the combo tour on a rainy day in San Sebastian and learned that we were the only ones on the tour. Thus, we had a private tour guide of San Sebastian for over 4 hours. The first tour was of the town itself, and Keith got us oriented and up to date on not only the layout of the town but the culture as well. Despite being rainy and cold, this proved to be a great asset to planning the rest of our time in San Sebastian. The second tour was the pintxos tour and it took all of the anxiety out of learning a different "style" of eating. After the tour we just ate in the pintxos bars for the rest of our trip, and still have a list of ones to try when we get back to this beautiful town. Keith is as friendly as can be and this is really about this best thing I can imagine doing when coming to San Sebastian for the first time.

Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“A must do when visiting San Sebastián”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a must do for anyone visiting San Sebastián. Highly recommend the combo tour for great value, a good balance of historical introduction to the city & awesome local pintxo gems. Keith keeps his tours small (I basically had a personal tour guide to myself) enabling great personal connection & customises the tour to your likes/interests. Keith is informative with local insight due to his family connection and locality. The time flew by, the pace was nice & leisurely to enable you to soak in the gorgeous San Sebastian. If you're limited by time or just arrived to San Sebastián book a tour with Keith, you won't regret it!