“Good to have a vegetarian restaurant but food a bit disappointing.”
Review of Garraxi Taberna

Garraxi Taberna
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2018

We liked the place but we felt the food had a little too much salt and fat in the cooking. OK salads and mushroom options. I would have liked more green vegetables and beans of any sort. Would try again possibly and make different choices.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

This is definitely more a neighborhood place. Incredible food, though service leaves a little to be desired.

Went first on Friday evening and saw tons of people inside and out and could barely get the attention of someone to talk to. And when we did the server was a bit rude, even though our Spanish is decent. Turns out they have a happy hour pinxos-only situation and dinner later at 9:30pm (8:30 on Saturdays). We decided to make a reservation for Saturday night, and good thing since there was only one table left.

When we came back, we were one of the first inside just after 8:30, and were impressed by the many options of delicious vegetarian food available. Also plenty of vegan and GF options. We ordered one appetizer (baked cheese in a tomato sauce), one salad (with bulgur, cheese, caramelized onions), and one entree (tofu, rice and vegetables in a curry sauce) and a half liter of house wine, and it was plenty of food for two, and everything was delicious! (Didn't help though that when we were taking a bit of time to ask questions while ordering the waitress was visibly impatient.)

Definitely go for the food, but be prepared for some rudeness.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 6, 2017

LOADS of choice at this restaurant which is great- so many options to choose from all of which were very tempting. Nice laid back atmosphere.

I had the rice tofu seitan & vegetable curry which was tasty but WAY too salty!!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 27, 2017

We visited this restaurant 2 years ago and enjoyed it so returned, it was as nice as I had remembered. It is so nice to have a whole menu to choose from rather than just the token vegetarian option.
I like the laid back approach which makes it great for families, it is unpretentious dining and the food is great. We shared starters of guacamole and pakoras which were both delicious. I had the coconut curry for main which was fantastic. I was too stuffed for a dessert but did try some of my daughters brownie (she grudgingly let me have a bit!)
It was gorgeous, rich and gooey, just as a brownie should be. My daughter said it was the best ever, high praise indeed.
The staff are friendly and efficient.
I look forward to returning when we are next in San Sebastián.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing. Yes you have to get your own bread but it's fresh and you cut as much as you want. I am not a vegetarian but the quality of the food here is amazing. Big lunch for two including a few beers was less than 20 € each! Well worth the walk.

Date of visit: June 2017