“Good food but poor service”
Review of Bide Bide Legazpi

Bide Bide Legazpi
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Bide Bide restaurant concept can be found on several locations across San Sebastian. The menu is avaliable in English and is rather varied.

I ordered Navarra-style vegetable stew with Iberian ham, which was very good, except the fact that the ham was nowhere to be found. My wife ordered pasta with shrimps and tomato/vegetable sauce, which she liked very well. However, my course arrived about ten to fifteen minutes after hers, something I find unacceptable.

For dessert we had Ben&Jerry's and an excellent lemon sorbet cava drink, and the total bill was 32 euros, in order words quite reasonable.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went to this place for lunch and was kept waiting by a rude and disinterested waitress. eventually we sat down and were then kept waiting for a long period (More than 40 minutes) before getting the drinks we had ordered. when it became obvious that we were going to leave the waitress arrived with menus. we ordered a range of simple dishes including the meatballs and while the food was ok it was not in keeping with the prices . The hot food had been prepared earlier and then re heated in the micro wave and as a result some food was cold and some luke warm.
Overall given the number of good places to eat inn the Old section of San Sebstian I would think this would be a place to miss. there are other places with food that is as good or better with actual service.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Have a salad so that you don't feel bad ordering a dessert. Cheesecake and apple tart are favourites of mine...

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Bide Bide is a nice place with pretty good food. The service is bad, but in my experience it was really bad every where I ate in Spain, so as long as the food is good I'm happy. We had the Ham Croquettes, Spicy Potatoes, Mushroom Risotto, and Veal Cheeks braised in red wine over mashed potatoes. The veal cheeks were the best, actually one of my favorite things I had in Spain. If you end up in Salamanca, the ones at Tablanca are much better, I have to admit. The croquettes were some of the better ones I've also had, the filling had much more flavor than previous ones and they are really crispy. The risotto was good, but what made it good is the balsamic reduction it comes with, otherwise a little bland, but all combined good.

If you liked my review because it gave you an idea of what you might like to eat here, try to do so when leaving your own reviews. It's always great to know what people like on a menu, although nothing is guaranteed because all tastes differ. I love to know what people liked so I can try it!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nice place. Good food. Poor Service. They are either understaffed or just plain not nice. Went there the first night in San Sebastian. Was referred to it by our hosts the proprietor of Belles Artes Pension, Leidre. It was late and Bide Bide was open.
Again, the food was good but the service was poor. Attempted to go in another time but noticed that there was only one person working the restaurant and didn't want to sit and wait.