Hotel Avenida
NH San Sebastian Donosti(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$126
  • Restaurant
NH Collection San Sebastian Aranzazu(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$116
$111
  • Restaurant
Hotel Niza(San Sebastian - Donostia)
$177
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Costa Vasca(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Pool
Hotel Astoria 7(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$123
$106
Hotel Website
  • Restaurant
Hotel Villa Soro(San Sebastian - Donostia)
$265
Orbitz.com
Silken Amara Plaza Hotel(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$138
$129
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra(San Sebastian - Donostia)
$174
$145
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Mercure Monte Igueldo(San Sebastian - Donostia)
$166
Cancelon
$610
$431
  • Restaurant
All reviewsone nightthe busold townoutdoor poolclose to the hoteltakes minuteson site parkingnice hotelnearest beachbreakfast roomper nighttwo nightstown centregood sizeminute walkrekondoeuros
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We enjoy walking, this hotel is a ways out of town, up a rather steep hill, but suited us well. For those who are driving there seems to be ample free parking. We found groceries, restaurants not far and breakfast is available on site. We enjoyed a spacious room, very clean and bright with comfortable beds. There is a swimming pool with a lovely terrace and the staff was professional and friendly. We would recommend this to anyone wanting a quiet retreat away from the mainstream of the bustle of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side, away from the parking lot would likely be quietest and have best views...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The room was fine, the position of the hotel is a little out of town so a short walk to the bus stop gets you in to town easily, The big problem for us was the fact that the walls are very thin and the people in the room next to us decided to invite about 6 others in and at 2 in the morning I had to go to reception to ask for help. At 4 am I went back to reception and at 5 am I rang reception. When we checked out the next morning the girl on reception was very offhand and told us that the night porter had sorted the problem. When I said that that was not the case, she grinned and said it wasn't her problem she hadn't been on duty. We were given a 10% reduction on the room. But if you are a light sleeper, don't want a party all night or would like more helpful staff I would suggest you try another hotel. We have stayed in Donostia before and many other cities and have never experienced anything like this before.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
EDURNEVARGA, Director General at Hotel Avenida, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that your stay was not good for you. I enclose the receptionist´s comments:
In response to this complaint, I would like to add (as receptionist that attended these guests on check out) that my impression of the treatment given to them is different to the one they have.
I was informed by the night porter about the noise problems during the night. He phoned them to ask them silence and told them about the next door complaints. Few minutes later two people left the room so he thought that the problem was solved. Next morning, I was told by the guest that the noises continued during the night.
They were very upset and this is a matter that I understood at the moment and I still do. But I do not understand why they were so upset with me in particular; there was few I could do to solve the problem at 8 o clock in the morning I did apologize several times and tried to empathize with them but they were not receptive to my apologies. I finally offered a discount as reward and apologized again. I still think that there was not much more I could do.
I am really sorry that their stay was not as pleasant as they wished. My apologies

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

This small hotel is about 30 minutes walk from the city, down a steep hill , which means a steep hill going back. Not for people who do not like walking. That is the negative part. Very clean and comfortable place. Free Wi-Fi. The breakfast cost 9 euros, but there is plenty of choice. Staff very helpful and the views are fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Required a decent lodging with free parking and this hotel fit the bill. Initially wanted to book Hotel Leku as reviews of the view were very good there but it was booked out. Hotel Avenida fulfilled our requirements perfectly. The room was overlooking the car park but for €80 couldn't complain, I wasn't there for the room and the city was a short bus ride away. If you're able bodied, the walk to the town is pretty pleasant also.

Room Tip: I don't know if the rooms with a view charged more but I wouldn't be willing to pay more for the veiw from this hotel rooms. Much better to climb either of the two viewing points either side of SS for the most amazing vistas
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

in reality wished to stay in a pension or even one-star hotel in downtown, closed to everything but with their highest rates plus parking, expenses were high over expected... SS became very expensive in the last years...

Is located side perched on Mount Igeldo a little bit isolated, walking down to the beach and passing through a nice neighborhood (Ondarreta) takes 10 minutes; if walking all the way through the coastline (Ondarreta and La Concha beaches) reaching downtown, the city's old part, takes around 50 minutes, but 50 minutes of pleasant walking... lots of people walk there, jog or bike through that promenade... if dont't want to walk, the bus-stop is close to the hotel (bus number 16, fare 1,55 euros each way) or take a cab either way from or to the hotel costs less than 10 euros, not that bad...

Is a nice three star hotel, nice spacious rooms complete of everything needed, towels, toiletries, a minibar, efficient working wifi, safebox but have to say that they aren't immaculate clean, you know some little dust in corner areas, some little painting coming off from the walls not a major disturb... but the best is the view, most of the rooms have this splendid panoramic view of SS... very nice to sit down, relax and watch the sunrise or sunset from the room with a drink... they have also a pool (nice to use during summertime), a gym which we never used, the same for breakfast services... no restaurant in the hotel but just outside the hotel there is one restaurant.

Reception staff is helpful and efficient... informed them about the shutters from our window which didn't work and the toitlet dripping; was solved when we were back.

Our stay, during bank holidays but low season was good, I will think the same with the mid-season but the high season (July-August) I don't know how hot can be... found 2 (yes 2!!) tower fans inside the closet... definetely would avoid SS on those months...

For us the major plus was the parking... parking in SS can be very expensive for entire days and the parking inspectors in the streets are always around... not a place to stay if travelling with public transport, this is a very good place to stay if travelling with own vehicle...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family