Barcelo Costa Vasca
Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra(San Sebastian - Donostia)
$197
$168
  • Beachfront
NH San Sebastian Donosti(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$112
$589
$472
  • Restaurant
Hotel Villa Soro(San Sebastian - Donostia)
$278
NH Collection San Sebastian Aranzazu(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$111
$105
  • Restaurant
Hotel Astoria 7(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$219
$145
Hotel Website
  • Restaurant
Hotel Niza(San Sebastian - Donostia)
$175
$165
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Parma Hotel(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$85
  • Beachfront
Silken Amara Plaza Hotel(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$149
$131
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Mercure Monte Igueldo(San Sebastian - Donostia)
$154
TripAdvisor
2,058 results
All reviewsnice hotellovely pool areafree shuttleold townshuttle servicebusiness hotelper dayminute walkfantastic showermain townhotel is locatedlovely walkgood sizequiet locationthe hotel offerssmall balconyunderground parking
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel is lovely in terms of the pool area, the facilities, rooms, bar, etc, although it advertises itself as a spa hotel and guess what- the spa is €18 an hour for a Jacuzzi and a sauna, though I didn't find this out until I was at the door of it in my bikini. Breakfast is €17 extra and overpriced, and parking although on the pictures looks like the hotel's own car park, is actually €20 euros a day which I found very unfair- would be lovely if all this was included in the price you pay up front for the hotel, a shame we had a larger than expected bill when we left.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dazzydboy
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is a nice place to stay if you prefer high standard and access to swimmingpol. The food is exellent and so are the rooms. But compared to other hotels in Spain both rooms and breakfast are expencive. The trip to the old city is not a problem, whether you go by bus or feet, and the city is a real treasure to visit. Recommended.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in june 2013, pool only open at the weekend, not to far from the beache but good walk to the old town... breakfast very expensive...parking €15 a day ..€20 underground..nice hotel, the rooms were very nice with a balcony....we stayed at this hotel knowing where it was situated and base on the price we were happy withit though there is a bit of a hill upto it and it is in a residental area

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Bcostavasca, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Barcelo Costa Vasca, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for sharing your experience at Barceló Costa Vasca with all the community of Tripadvisor.

The pool opening is from the 15th of June to the 15th of September, everyday from 11:00 to 19:00, but sometimes according to the weather inclemencies this might change.

Regarding to parking price, if you compare with the rest of the 4 stars Hotel in town, we have the cheapest one.

We are really sorry if we have not achieved your expectations and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience it could caused you, and welcome back soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here as part of our honeymoon in July for 8 nights. Some good and bad, more good.

Reception speaks English well enough to know what you are after, but it depends on who you talk to because some of them speak good English. Check in was easy, and they will take a copy of your passports and credit card when you check in FYI.

Room was spacious and clean, bathroom was clean, no toilet brush in the bathroom which is a bit of a nitpick. Hygiene bags for the ladies and plenty of room to move around. Decent pressure in the shower, but when others are in the shower, you can feel in the temp of the water they are getting in or out as it goes hot and cold. No biggy as it lasts a second and you quickly change the temp.

Close to Concha beach, easily walk there in 5 minutes if your on the left of the beach it gets quite busy the right however is perfect.

The restaurant. Oh my. Food was amazing. Reasonably priced, and for someone who advertises their Michelin sticker, in the middle of the door decently sized portions. Victor and Raquel in there provide great service, and even with a bit of the language barrier after the previous nights mistake Victor had a bit of a joke about. Great service and you were never left waiting with an empty plate waiting to be cleared or without something to drink in front of you.

We ate here all of the 8 nights we stayed here (we ate out during the day at varying places). And I came to the conclusion that the chef does not know how to cook a piece of beef. Having to send mine back more than once. To top it off the chef did not cook a new piece, rather he threw the undercooked piece back on hot plate and continued to cook it. For a Michelin restaurant this is honestly unacceptable. So for the chef, I have attached a picture of how to cook steaks, as when I asked for medium well, he cooked it medium rare, which for someone who likes their meat cooked is a bit yuck.

After calling the reception to say the wifi had stopped working, my response was "come downstairs, try in the lobby", if I wanted to use wifi in the lobby I would have walked down already and not been calling about it.

As previously mentioned, if you have a double room, they will simply push a twin together and not even use a double sheet, just push the beds together which is a bit poor ( which is what happened to us)

Overall a good hotel, gym open at all hours, bar was acceptable, three is a Avis car rental place built into the hotel if you want a car for your stay, people are nice. On the better end of the scale for European hotels.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shaun G
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a chain hotel that did not seem to cater to the vacationing family. The woman behind the desk who "spoke" English was not very helpful. When I asked how to get to the beach, she simply stated it is 5 minutes away and pointed. I could not get her to give directions. When I asked about the old city, she simply stated it is a 35 minute walk. Again, no additional help.
Since we were leaving very early one morning to see the running of the bulls, I asked if they could pack us a snack the night before (we prepaid for breakfast). The same woman said no. When we returned, I asked to speak with the manager. He stated that we should have been offered a "picnic". He then asked the woman and she replied, with me standing there, that she did offer. Wow! The manager would only say that there was a communication problem. The problem was the rude service and a staff that was more interested in dotting their i's then being friendly and helpful to their "guests".

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family