“great location, central yet quiet”
Review of Parma Hotel

Parma Hotel
Miami, Florida
“great location, central yet quiet”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I enjoyed this riverfront hotel, it had everything I needed. Walked to most attractions in just minutes. Maria Eugenia at the front desk was always wonderful and accommodating, as were all her associates. Paid parking only a block away.

Room Tip: I chose a quiet room overlooking the courtyard. I didn't need a view, although rooms with a view...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
iazurza, Director General at Parma Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Sir or Madame:

Many thanks for your nice words about our Hotel and the staff, as well as for taking the time to write a review. It really help us on our way.
It would be very nice to meet you in your next visit.

Iñaki Azurza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Москва
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Perfect two-star hotel situated on the promenade Urumea Itsasadarra at the confluence of the ocean. Exterior rooms with views of the river or the ocean. Delicious breakfast. Very caring and friendly staff. Sightseeing places and beaches Zurriola and La Concha close. Within walking distance bars, including La Cuchara de San Telmo, Bar Zeruko. Great place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
iazurza, Director General at Parma Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Stanislavsky:

Many thanks for your nice words. They encourage us to keep on improving. It would be nice to meet you in the future.

Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of June. We were not disappointed. The reception staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. Our room was at the front facing the sea. A beautiful view, from our window, always something to watch, whether it be the surfers out on the bay or the locals parking their cars in very small spaces in front of the hotel - we were very impressed with their parallel parking skills! Our room was very clean and the bathroom was spacious. The hotel is situated in an excellent location, very easy to walk everywhere. We loved San Sebastian and if we return would not hesitate to return to Hotel Parma.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front with sea view are worth the extra price
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Busy_Girl_HB:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review and for the compliments, we reallly appreciate them. It would be grate to meet you in your next visit.

Bordeaux, France
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is well located in the heart of San Sebastian. It is easily accessible and the staff is friendly. English and French are spoken well here. The rooms are smaller here than in the states. They have special parking conveniently located not fare from the hotel for an inexpensive fee.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window since some are located inside the building with no windows onto the out...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank P H
iazurza, Director General at Parma Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear P H:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. I think that your review is a very objetive description of the Hotel, and I really appreciate this fact.
I would be delitghted to meet you in your next visit.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited San Sebastián and luckily stayed at the Hotel Parma. We got the recommendation from the Rick Steve's travel book on Spain. He was so right! The service was fantastic, especially the front desk. They gave us great directions, helpful suggestions, and friendly advice. Our room was great and the hotel location was perfect. We highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2013
iazurza, Director General at Parma Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Madame:

We really appreciate your nice words about our Hotel, specially the ones talking aobut the service. Thanks for taking the time to write such a good review.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We went to Paris, Versailles, the Loire Chateaux, Biarritz, and Avignon - and this is the place my girlfriend can't stop talking about. Something about San Sebastian really grabbed both of us - the bay and the location by the water, the architecture, the food (and the wine - a local white with a 3 foot pour to aerate it). The hotel itself is a little dated - the rooms are simply decorated, and ours had been smoked in (the only reason I'm giving 4 stars rather than 5). But with the searching I did, I really think it would be hard to beat the Hotel Parma for value in San Sebastian. Our room had a view of the ocean; the hotel's location is perfect, in the old town and within walking distance of everything to see in the city; there is off-street parking (we parked our car when we checked in and didn't retrieve it until we checked out); and what really stood out for me is that the owners and staff are extremely considerate. I recommend you visit San Sebastian - I hope it stays with you as it has with us - and I think it will be hard to beat the Hotel Parma as a base for your visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
iazurza, Director General at Parma Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Sir:

Many thanks for your nice words about San Sebastian, our Hotel and about the staff. I read with pride that we gave you a good service.
I really regret the problem with the smoking smell in your room. All our rooms are non smoking but some people don't respect the ban. For me as a manager it is difficult to give a good solution to these few cases, because even if you clean very well the room, a slight odor may remain.
Many thanks again and best regards.

London
Reviewed August 9, 2013

It isn't the most cutting edge hotel - in fact the rooms feel very tired, almost 1970s, but it is in a great location, the bathrooms are not bad. I had a balcony too.

It is a very expensive city.

So why the 5/5? The people on reception were very nice, I was allowed to check in early and check out late (2pm not 12) and the location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sceptre
iazurza, Director General at Parma Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Sir:

Lately I have been very bussy and I haven`t had any time to ansewr the several reviews that we have had. I really want to thank all the people that write reviews because they give us the way to improve.

I really appreciate your review in special, because I think that is a very good description of our Hotel. For your information, we are on our way to redecorate the Hotel. Actually we have refurbished a sample room this winter, and we have an investment plan for the coming years for the rest of the rooms and common areas. Normally Hotels do this once every 10 or 15 years. Since our family started running the Hotel (40 years) we have had several redecoration plans, and now, we are ready to begging a new one.

But as you very well say, besides the room, hospitality is our business, and as the Manager of the hotel, I am vvery proud to read your nice words about our team.

Many thanks again and best regards.