“Excellent value with great people”
Review of Pension La Perla

Pension La Perla
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed at Pension La Perla during a 3 week trip to Spain. I stayed 10 days altogether in La Perla and would recommend it highly. I booked it largely for the price which was excellent and once I arrived I found we were in a great location and even had a small balcony on our room. The staff were exceptionally friendly. I recommend this pension to those who want great value in a great location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank fionamac_13
There are newer reviews for Pension La Perla

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'm From Israel, San Sebastian is my favorite city in Spain.

I was in La Perla pension 4 times and I will come back again for sure.

I checked other pensions and it is really the best value I have found, some rooms come with a kitchen.

It is better to pay 5-10 euros more then the old city cheap ones, this is a very high standard pension, very quiet and with a nice staff.

Thanks !

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Eran B
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This comfortable pension was recommended to us by a friend who had stayed there several times. It was perfect for our first visit to the city for all the reasons cited in the previous reviews. Our room gave us a perfect view of the awakening of the old town location in the morning and the bustling street pedestrian only traffic in the afternoon and evenings. The location is perfect, the staff friendly and helpful. We will return to this pension, now our home when visiting San Sebastián.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank max r
Reviewed March 11, 2013

It's good to stay in a place where you feel confortable and withing walking distance from all major attractions. Staying at La Perla has allowed me to explore this amazing city and has provided me a great base, where I felt confortable, safe and why not saying it: part of the family. Loved the service. It is great to find kind people who help you with your every need. The room was very clean, which is also essential to me.

Room Tip: Great place to stay!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank coisasdeviagens
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This pension has charming rooms and is in a great location on a pedestrianised street so it is nice and quiet. Just a short walk to the bars and restaurants in the old quarter - highly recommended. It is handy to the RENFE station as well as the Euskar and bus stations and only a stones throw from the beach

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MattKMelbourne
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at Pension la Perla and the personal input from the reception staff in English was appreciated,although reception was often unmanned. The location is excellent in the centre of town and just a short walk to the beautiful beach. In the next building is a large supermarket and fresh market. The room was old but comfortable and we appreciated being able to make a cup of tea. There is a microwave in the room but no utensils. The modern lift was a bonus too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KiwiTwo
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife & i (mid 50's) stayed at the La Perla for 3 nights in early October 2012 & could not fault it.The room was en-suite,very clean had a little balcony & included a television,fridge & microwave.Tea,coffee,hot chocolate along with cakes & croissants were available in the reception area (free of charge) together with free internet.
The girls at reception speak excellent English so communication is not a problem & they help all they can to ensure you have a pleasant stay.
The pension is smack bang in the centre of San Sebastian so shops,supermarkets,cafes,bars & restaurants are right on the doorstep.
We would not hesitate to stay at La Perla if we visit the area again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple