“My best dinner in San Sebastian”
Review of Zelai Txiki

Zelai Txiki
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

I went to Zelai txiki as part of an invitation from Hotel Jesuskoa on Zumaia last year after an internship I did there and I must that I had no idea we were going there and truly amazed me. The service was marvelous, not in a fancy expensive restaurant way, but in a friendly-family like way. You immediately feel at home, comfortable, sure that you are going to have great meal cooked by great people. They helped us choose every coarse and suggested the perfect wine according to our expectations and needs. We wanted to try something local but new and they nailed it! Unfortunately I can't say about the views because it was night time but to be honest there's nothing more to add to a place that serves amazing local food with an innovative touch and a great service. I really hope to come back one day.

Date of visit: November 2018
16  Thank basquenomads

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

Came here to celebrate a birthday. The restaurant has a large terrace overlooking the city. It’s very nice inside too, roomy and handsome. Properly set tables, fresh cutlery with every course, staff who handled a busy afternoon of many large parties without fuss, efficiently and calmly. The food was delicious, excellent steak, fish, seafood, desserts.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 17, 2018 via mobile

Amazing place with very nice and cozy interior. Staff was kind and very helpful with recommendations. They have pretty good choice of wines for every budget and food was absolutely delicious. We liked every meal that we have tried so im sure you cannot fail with anything but would recommend to order lobster salad as well as the octopus salad as a starter.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

This was the second time I’ve been to this restaurant. 1st for my Mother’s wedding last year & 2nd time with my Husband for dinner 1 year later! Served by the same waiter both times who is incredible at his job! - I’m sorry I don’t know your name! And he remembered us! I’m gluten & dairy free & he goes the extra mile to cater for me, nothing is ever an issue. The food is to die for but the service is really what makes this placethanks again!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed August 20, 2018

We had a great family lunch seating by the terrace. Very fresh and tasty food, without any unnecessary sophistication. The service was friendly but a little slow. It takes a little time to get there on foot form the center, but a taxi will not cost you much. In any case we went and came back on foot.

Date of visit: August 2018