“Outstanding in every way!”
Review of Basque Tours

$227.39*
and up
Local Produce Market Tour and Lunch in a Private Gastronomic Club
More attraction details
Owner description: BASQUETOURS is a specialist incoming company based in San Sebastian that offers you personal assistance to create authentic experiences in the Basque Country(Northern Spain and Southern France), with it's world class attractions, the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, food lovers reference San Sebastian, amazing wineries in La Rioja area, beautiful beaches & cliffs in Biarritz and southern France, spectacular mountains in the Pyrenees… Our aim is to create private and exclusive activities and services; from cultural and gastronomic to active tours. Customized packages based on your preferences and tastes, in order to discover and feel our exceptional region and its treasures, always accompanied by the best assistants, guides and local experts who will make the difference.The most professional and knowledgeable team of native multilingual guides at your service to make your experience unforgettable and unique.
Rossmoor, CA
“Outstanding in every way!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I booked 4 days of tours in both the French and Spanish Basque areas, including the tour of Bilbao and its Museo Guggenheim. I injured my ankle while traveling in Provence just prior to the commencement of tour Basque tours and had to make major changes, since I couldn't drive to get there and had to fit our travels with Jon into a 3 day period between flights to and from Marseille to Biarritz, which operate only on 3 days a week. I was encumbered with a cam boot on my foot and had to use crutches to get around. Jon was accommodating in every way, shuffling dates and the order of the tours and hotel stays.

We had originally planned to start with him in Biarritz, but our itinerary changed to start in San Sebastian several days later. Jon sent a taxi to meet our plane at Biarritz and to take us to our hotel in San Sebastian. Our tours started early the next morning when Jon and an assistant met us for our trip to Bilbao and the coastal area. Jon and his assistant helped me with my ankle boot and crutches in and out of the van for our stops and then moved the van at every stop to accommodate me, with my infirmity. I couldn't have done it without their help.

We saw and did everything one wants to do or see - all the sights covered by all the travel guides and also the wonderful countryside and villages and seashores that are not mentioned in the travel guides.

We were always on time, but never hurried, as Jon provided a running commentary that was so informative and thorough about where we went, and the history of the areas, both Basque and French/Spanish.

As a travel agent from southern California with 20 years of experience, generally booking high end tours and cruises, I was thoroughly impressed with our tours and the service BasqueTours provided. I would, and will recommend traveling and touring with them to any one. You will see more and learn more and enjoy your trip more than you can imagine or expect. If the Basque area is of interest to you, go no where else!

George Watts
R&R Travel
Seal Beach, CA

North Palm Beach, Florida, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“VIP Wine Tour with Jon Galdos was Fantastic”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were recommended to Jon by others that visited the Rioja region with him. We discussed our options and decided to go with the VIP, Private tour of Bodega Arinzano. The tour began with Jon picking us up at our Hotel, The Hotel Londress. We then drove in his very comfortable Mercedes Van to the town of Pamplona where we had the opportunity to see the sites, have a snack at the café Iruna and follow the path of the "Running of the Bulls" We then proceeded to the Vineyard which was absolutely beautiful and beyond our wildest dreams. We tasted their Champaign and several of their Pago Rated wines, after which we were treated to a fantastic lunch of first quality Tapas and Postres. Jon is an excellent guide and was a pleasure to spend the day with. I cant say enough about him or our guide, Frederico of Bodega Arinzano. Just a great day.

Visited June 2013
“Beautiful vistas and Basque culture”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Fantastic scenery and overview of Basque history from a very personable and knowledgeable guide. Highly recommend!

Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent tour”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Jon took my husband and I and another couple on a private tour to towns in the Spanish Basque country, including the towns of Guernika and Getaria. He was an excellent guide, and I recommend him without reservation. The tour started when he picked us up at our hotel in San Sebastian. The pacing of the tour was perfect; we learned a lot from him; and he was more than willing to accommodate our requests.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Day in La Rioja with Jon Galdos”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I were recently in San Sebastian for our honeymoon. We got in touch with Jon, who took us on a private tour of the Rioja region. It was wonderful! He took us to two wineries near La Guardia, and even stopped at a nice bakery on the way when we were hungry. On the drive to and from wine country, he chatted with us all about the Basque region and Spain in general. He is very friendly and willing to share his knowledge of the region. He made sure to take us to two very different wineries (one quite old and traditional, the other very modern) and afterwards, we went for a lovely lunch together in La Guardia. He took extra time to take us around the town and point out interesting landmarks, even making our way to a Santiago Calatrava designed winery on the horizon just to see the building itself. Jon went out of his way to make our day really special. We had a great time and would highly recommend Jon as a tour guide. If we're there again, we'll definitely get in touch with him.

Visited May 2013