“his backyard”

Local Produce Market Tour and Lunch in a Private Gastronomic Club
$279.81*
Rioja Wineries and Laguardia Tour with Picnic from San Sebastian
More attraction details
Owner description: BASQUETOURS is a specialist incoming company based in San Sebastian that offers you personal assistance to create authentic experiences in the Basque Country(Northern Spain and Southern France), with it's world class attractions, the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, food lovers reference San Sebastian, amazing wineries in La Rioja area, beautiful beaches & cliffs in Biarritz and southern France, spectacular mountains in the Pyrenees… Our aim is to create private and exclusive activities and services; from cultural and gastronomic to active tours. Customized packages based on your preferences and tastes, in order to discover and feel our exceptional region and its treasures, always accompanied by the best assistants, guides and local experts who will make the difference.The most professional and knowledgeable team of native multilingual guides at your service to make your experience unforgettable and unique.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Spent a good 5 days touring San Sebastain and surrounds under the guidance of our able, knowledgeable and gracious host/guide: Jon Galdos. Learned even more of the history of the Basque country from him, toured coast to mountain through him, and savored choice pintxos with him. Would recommend this personalized tour to anyone with Jon, whom we believe knows San Sebastian so well as though it were his backyard.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a great time on our Pinxtos Tour with Jon. My husband and I, 1 other couple and Jon met at the hotel, walked over to the old town, and enjoyed a night of Jon's expertise on pintxos. He is a great guide, and we had so much fun learning about the different little places. We also got a great lesson on the Basque region. Jon made our evening unforgettable, and then walked us back to the hotel. We would recommend Jon for anyone looking for a great guide.

1  Thank etaylor1610
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We recently enjoyed a day with Jon that started with a tour of the K5 Winery. Jon is very knowledgeable about the area and takes pride in sharing what the area has to offer. In addition to a wonderful tour of the winery, we visited a nearby village celebrating 500 years of its marketplace with locals dressed in traditional clothing, roosters and cattle on exhibit for sale, cheese competitions and local wineries. We also visited a local artisan cheese maker who kindly shared his passion for cheese making and allowed us to partake in sampling his wonderful products. Jon was very generous with his time, related to everyone in our group from age 68 to 26, enthusiastic, punctual and professional.

1  Thank TravelerSoCal2
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I recently returned from Spain and had the most wonderful experience while going on a wine tour in the Rioja region. Going to this region has always been a dream of mine, and after a lot of research I came upon Basque Tours. Jon of Basque Tours was very responsive on the internet and I booked the tour for a day. Jon picked me up at my hotel and proceeded to take me to the beautiful region. Like the other reviewers indicated, Jon provided insight in the life, places and food in the Basque region. That was just beginning, he took me to several wineries, which was very memorable and when I left I can proudly say MY DREAM CAME TRUE.

I agree with another reviewer that he "cannot understand why this tour is not mentioned more on Trip Advisor." I would highly recommend Jon of Basque Tours.

1  Thank slf_72_12
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Jon was a friendly, knowledgable and fun host who really made our introduction to San Sebastian and Pintxos very memorable. We did the Food tour in the old town and had a fabulous time. Both my sister and I believe this was the best tour of our trip in Spain and would recommend Jon to anyone that was interested in Basque tours.
Even though we booked with quite short notice and got in. So you don't miss out I would suggest booking in advance, Jon is very responsive via email.
Not only did we have a great night, Jon gave us a great suggestion for another booking to a seafood restaurant - Saltxchipi and made the reservation for us.
Above and beyond!