Tryp San Sebastian Orly Hotel
Barcelo Costa Vasca(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$176
$160
  • Pool
Hotel Astoria 7(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$140
$135
  • Restaurant
Silken Amara Plaza Hotel(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$136
$133
  • Restaurant
Hotel Arrizul Urumea(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$89
Hotel Record(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$85
Mercure Monte Igueldo(San Sebastian - Donostia)
$137
$133
Hotel Villa Soro(San Sebastian - Donostia)
$324
$291
Official Site
NH Collection San Sebastian Aranzazu(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$130
$126
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zenit San Sebastian(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$109
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Niza(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
$196
$182
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsgreat locationold townbooked a junior suiteroom keythree starview of the bayplaya de la conchaconcha beachbeautiful citybreakfast roomminute walk to the beachspainbarsseafrontcleanersbalconiesdonostia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I'd like to say nice things about this hotel, but at nearly 200 euros a night we were very disappointed. I'm not sure how they arrived at four star rating . The service, breakfast, and overall services available are nothing akin to a 4 star hotel. The breakfast for instance was minimal, nothing special. There was no bar, restaurant, gym etc. overall ambiance more like a 3 star. While the view view from our 5th floor "suite" was great, overlooking the bay, and the room was spacious, the service was sub standard from what we would expect.

Room Tip: High level for best view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hbatter
Reviewed April 19, 2013

If you are not willing to pay for the exclusivity of Maria Cristina or if the Hotel Londres y Angleterre has no seaviews/is still under renovation the Tryp is the definite number 1 for me!! Location is perfect - 2 mins to beach - 5 mins to old town - 3 mins to shopping and great bakeries. We decided to invest in the best room instead of a more expensive hotel and as it turned out, we got a wonderful rate and what I suspect is the best room in the hotel.

We had a Junior Suite on Top Floor and it was a Premium so we got the elusive tea & coffee making facilities. The room was ok - a little dated and bed a bit hard but once you saw the views nothing else mattered. You have views out the front to the entire bay and also out the side with 2 small balconies. The sun is on the balconies from 2/3pm onwards - heaven for an afternoon siesta! Its true there is no bar but you are in San Sebastian and good food and drink are only a stones throw away. I can't believe we haven't been here before - fantastic city - great hotel - we will be back!!

Room Tip: 504 is definitely the best room in the house!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2013

good hotel, really close to the old town and to playa de la concha and with great views from the floor to ceiling windows.
In some ways though, the hotel is a bit limited. there is no room service, no tea or coffee making facilities, not even anywhere to get a hot drink after about 9pm at night. they don't provide you with a bottle of drinking water as most hotels do unless you are a Melia Rewards member and, even then it is only one bottle per stay (not per day).

Room Tip: we had a room on the second floor with a great view over the city. rooms facing the sea also have a great view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Location - I think this is the best feature. It is <1 minute walking from the entrance to the beach esplanade. It is about 5 minutes's walk to the main modern shopping area. Probably 8-10 minutes to Parte Vieja, the old town. It's a such nice stroll along the esplanade, you're going to want to take more than 10 minutes anyway. It is also very close (15 mins walk) to the San Sebastian railway station.

Facilities - Reception was fine, spoke enough English to get me checked in but wasn't able to help with complex questions. I must've been given a nice room, as my bed was a queen (I was travelling alone!). Parked on level 2, I could see part of the beach. My room was spacious and clean. I was even given a sample of some nice-smelling L'Oreal hair mask, and some candy was available on my desk. This was the only hotel so far in Spain that provided me with facial tissues! The internet is ok. It's a bit annoying to have to constantly sign in, and the connection can drop out a bit. There are several 'channels' though so you just keep signing into the next one if you're having trouble. There is a BBC News for those of us who miss speaking/hearing English! Hotel breakfast is average.

Cons - I could hear my neighbours upstairs (and next door?) talking and moving furniture. Seeing as I was only there for 2 nights I wasn't particularly bothered. Nice shower but the water pressure was a bit weaker than I expected.

Getting there - 18 euros from the airport by taxi. I'm sure there are other modes of transport, but the airport is very small, not that close to the city, and the bus only leaves once a day. Alternatively it is not far to walk from the railway station (you will walk through parts of the new town).

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a view, otherwise what's the point?
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Coming from a long trip from Madrid. Arrived about 8 pm. We were received by an unfriendly receptionist. kinda arrogant. If I could speak very good spanish I would like to say a peace of my mind but had no more energy to argue. We just wanted to rest and not see his face again. This is my second time in San Sebastian bringing my sisters for a visit. Enjoyed my first experience and stayed in Amara with friendly staff but wanted to stay closer to town center this time. You can't have it all I guess.
Warning during this month even if weather is getting warmer there is no airconditioning in the room. only heater.
Hair dryer only works for few minutes.
For a four star hotel I think they are OVER RATED.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends