We stayed here late November 2009. I messed up in posting a prompt review but hope that this is still useful to others.
- Well located grand old hotel. A 5-10 minute walk from the old quarter. Right next to underground parking. We used this as a home base for a few day trips and this was very convenient. On our last night, there is free night-time parking in front of the hotel which was great given our very early checkout.
- Excellent and very friendly staff. Noted upon check in that they are happy to provide us with great accommodations. They didn't disappoint. The room was high up from the noise, with a 180 degree view of the river. The staff had both written and informal recommendations for cuisine befitting San Sebastian's reputation. They were quick to offer us umbrellas on cloudy days.
- Luxurious and well maintained facilities. The bathroom was spacious and luxurious. Had marble all over, big tub, separate shower area, double sinks with good lighting and a separate toilet room. The bedroom was very large and had access to a full length window/balcony. Although old, the property is impeccably maintained.
- Although they did not have a business center, they have several computers in a discreet corner of the lobby for a quick check on email or generation/printing of directions and boarding passes.
- Expensive breakfast but this is not a big issue since the location is central and the rate is expected for this caliber of hotel. And a very light breakfast is recommended given the pinxtos and multi-course dinners the old quarter has waiting.
Would definitely recommend for a nice luxurious splurge in grand old San Sebastian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Century of Elegance in San Sebastian - Since opening in 1912 the restored Hotel Maria Cristina has been closely linked to the history and cultural life of San Sebastian. The lavish Belle Epoque interior is filled with soaring columns, 19th-century portraits, rich silk brocades and glorious chandeliers making for a truly opulent experience.Experience gracious hospitality on a grand scale in the hotel's rooms and suites. Decorated in a sophisticated palette of greys and white, the rooms are a quiet haven of luxury. Style, technology and a dazzling range of services which combined make for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maria Cristina Hotel