7 people are viewing this hotel
$288
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$287
Algotels
$281
Hotels.com$287
LuxuryCollection$287
Destinia.com$357
2,349 results
All reviews dry bar beautiful hotel concierge staff river view old town beautiful room pintxos bars tapas old world charm three nights the location is perfect la concha spain city valet beaches renovation
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

This hotel was superb in every facet - staff, rooms, location and friendliness. We also arranged a tour with Eskerne Falcon from discover San Sebastián tours which was the best and we commenced the tour from the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Zimmys01
HMCSS, General Manager at Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Dear Zimmys01,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us the experience of your stay in Hotel Maria Cristina. We are thrilled to read that the service, location and rooms were up to your expectations. Also, I am delighted to know you met Eskerne, one of our favorite guides in San Sebastian.

We would be honored to welcome you back soon again!

Do not hesitate to contact me for further assistance.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

Hotel Maria Cristina is a beautiful property that is impeccably maintained. The staff is delightful and top rate. We had a Garden Suite with a huge living room and bedroom. Lovely. Regular rooms were also very nice. Breakfast is very good and served in a beautiful room. Among the best and most interesting cocktails I have had including the highly recommended spicy Mai tai.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank GguyinCA
HMCSS, General Manager at Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear GguyinCA,

Eskerrik asko" as we say in Basque or thank you for the very positive comment on your stay in the Maria Cristina, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

We are delighted to read that your suite, the buffet breakfast, known as the best one in San Sebastian, and the spicy Mai tai prepared by our professional barmen contributed in making your stay a "wonderful" one.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you once again to the hotel.

Do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance.

Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel with excellent service, beautiful architecture, and great rooms in the perfect location. A special thanks to doorman Mikel who went above and beyond to assist me. The best place to stay in San Sebastian. Recommended.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Viamontelane,

Thank you for taking the time to write the experience of your stay in the Maria Cristina.

We cannot be happier to read that your stay was superior in every way. We will specially communicate your feedback to Mikel, our doorman. I am sure he will be honored to hear your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Maria Cristina in your next visit to San Sebastian.

Do not hesitate to contact me for further assistance.

Reviewed April 22, 2019

The lady at the concierge was genuinely friendly and helpful. She helped me secure a table at Arzak on the day I arrived even when I was traveling (and unfortunately eating) solo.

The front desk manager was accommodating and made me feel welcome.

(I’m sorry for being terrible with names.)

The breakfast was very good (bonus: the dining room in which breakfast was served is gorgeous).

It’s a pleasant surprise that Byredo products are used in the bathroom. And they even provide a small bottle of face wash. Providing face wash is undoubtedly a very nice touch, especially for someone like me whose dopp kit always has one thing or two missing when away from home. (Rome Cavalieri narrowly beats it in this aspect by offering Salvatore Ferragamo anti-aging face masks and eye cream in its suites but I love Byredo products more.)

Will definitely stay at Hotel María Cristina again. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank HenryW99

Dear HenryW99,

What a honor to be regarded to the Maria Cristina as a gorgeous hotel!

We are very happy to know that you spent a delightful experience with us thanks to the service provided by our concierge and breakfast service associates. Also, we are thankful to your positive feedback on the Byredo toiletries.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to the city.

Do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance any time.

Reviewed April 22, 2019

My wife and I stayed in a Premium King River View room for our 3-night stay in San Sebastian. The check-in process was quick (we arrived at 2:00 pm) and we were escorted to our room and given a brief overview of the room's features. This was our first stop on our 5-year anniversary trip and I did mention that when I made the reservation. A bottle of Reina Ma Cristina Reserva Brut Blanc De Noirs 2015 was waiting for us in our room, along with a card and some fruit, which was a nice touch!
The room itself was perfect, with lots of natural light, great views, high ceilings and a comfortable bed. Everything was clean and seemed fairly new or recently renovated. Classic and sophisticated with some modern touches mixed in. We didn't use the bathtub but the shower had excellent water pressure. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure we had an excellent stay, including the bell staff, front desk, concierge, bar and restaurant staff. This was our first time in Spain and everyone was happy to help. The Pinxto Tour that's run by the MIMO cooking school in the basement of the hotel is well worth it as well, especially if you've never been to San Sebastian. The location of the hotel is great too, as it's a short 5 minute walk to old town and also close to shopping. The city itself is very walkable.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jake B
HMCSS, General Manager at Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Dear Jake B,

We highly appreciate you kind words and detailed feedback.

I am delighted to read that the you spent a very pleasant stay on the very special occasion of your five-year anniversary. In the Maria Cristina we always try to pay attention to detail since this is what luxury hospitality stands and differentiates itself for. We are therefore thrilled to know that you appreciated the small gesture of the welcome amenities placed in your room.

It is very rewarding for us to read that the location, services and facilities of the hotel, including MIMO Cooking School, made your stay a special one.

It would be a pleasure and we would be honored to welcome you back soon again.