Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $124.30
from $67.80
from $67.80
1,907 results
All reviews pintxo hunting cooking class pintxos tour cooking school food and wine old town pintxos bars first night guide eli cheesecake basque cooking lunch tour pintxo tasting the kitchen fantastic evening amazing pintxos tapas
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

4 weeks ago we went on a food and wine tasting tour with Lourdes and we are still salivating over the memory of the dishes we enjoyed under her guidance :) Such an enjoyable day, we really wished she had been able to take us eating in Madrid too. Thank you so much Lourdes, love your smiling face.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We took the pintxo the our first night in San Sebastian. It was a great way to start our visit! Almudena was an awesome host! She grew up in San Sebastian. She taught us about Basque history and culture and provided recommendations for other places to eat and visit. It could not have been better! We had plenty of food and wine. We thoroughly enjoyed it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Spanish cooking class at Mimo will impress you with freshness, sparkling cleanness, warm personal atmosphere supported by local wines and state of the art cooking. You will want to absorb all lesions and take it home.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have always been a little intimidated about pintxos/tapas etiquette, and combined with the huge variety of places in San Sebastian, I signed up for the Mimo Tour to provide some guidance.

My tour guide was Lourdes - and she was absolutely phenomenal! She had a basic itinerary for the evening, but was able to take suggestions and mold the tour spontaneously to specific pintxo bars with specific pintxos to try. Loved that! Also, Lourdes has a deep understanding about San Sebastian and the food scene - and has expert opinions to share on restaurants, Michelin stars, neighborhoods, etc.

This local knowledge is so important because every pintxo bar has a few house specialties - mushrooms, grilled octopus, cod, lamb, desserts, etc. We were able to try so many different pintxo bars in so many settings (local dives I would have never stepped into on my own, outside on counters on the old city and even the best table in the house in a private cellar at an upscale eatery). This diversity of venues really added to the evening.

It felt more like a moveable party than a highly structured tour....More like being out with a group of friends and jumping around from place to place.

The wine and drink pairings were great as well - we tried the local sparkling white, reds from rioja, mallorca, etc. Some ciders. Dessert shots. Kinda lost count of the variety.

My only issue: I was staying in Bilbao and had to catch the last bus at 10pm. Well we were still going strong at 930pm when the tour should have been concluding. Lourdes was kind enough to get the final pintxo bar to box up my dessert for the bus ride home. Thank you! Next time I will be sure to spend the night in San Sebastian.

Overall, I loved this tour - and especially our guide Lourdes!

The only downside for some people - If you are looking for a super structured tour with a planned itinerary and a table reserved everywhere, this tour may not be for you. However, pintxo bars are a more casual experience.

For comparison - I did a Tapas Tour in Barcelona in the Gothic Quarter. However, it was 3 places - one hour each - table reserved. Great experience as well - but I much preferred my San Sebastian time.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fantastic, whistle stop tour with a local foodie, Almudena which was a great introduction to Basque culture and the city's history, not to mention fantastic food and local wines. Well worth doing for anyone interested in learning more about the city

Date of experience: September 2019
TeamMimo, Guest Relations Manager at Mimo San Sebastian, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear John,
Thank you so much for your great feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Pintxo Tasting Tour with our guide Almudena and would be happy to have you back at Mimo anytime you visit San Sebastian, Sevilla, Mallorca, the Algarve or London.