“One of the best restaurants which we tried”

Restaurante Biarritz
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Biarritz Restaurant, located on the seafront of San Sebastian, looking out over the Concha Bay, produces traditional cuisine with a modern touch, where you will find strong connections to its roots, the Bay of Biscay and Basque gastronomy, alongside traditional recipes of long-standing pedigree, all with the common denominator of simplicity and respect for the product The bar stands right on the Concha promenade and is the perfect place to enjoy a large selection of pintxos and plates more informally, in an unbeatable setting and with marvellous views of the San Sebastian bay. In summer, we also have a pleasant outdoor terrace on the promenade
Reviewed September 26, 2016

We had the menu of the day and was 30 Euros pp and it was absolutely superb! Great value - 3 courses with a bottle of wine with water - but the quality was also there, one of the best meals which I had in my 5 day trip to San Sebastian.

I would highly recommend the Iberico pork and the fish of the day for the mains - both cooked to perfection, well seasoned and well presented. Tuna tartare for starters and the brioche for dessert were also divine. see my the pictures - says it all

Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

One of the most delicious goat salads I've ever had. The goat cheese was broiled and so crusty on the top. The pinchos looked great too. We stopped here for lunch as we walked the beach. Lovely view and outside tables as well as inside. Best to wear a sweater when the cool breeze is blowing - or sit inside.

Reviewed September 20, 2016

One of the best meals we had on our trip, try the steak and "secret" pork, and also the Pear Dessert and Yogurt Mousse. Everything was excellent, and the service was top notch.

Reviewed September 14, 2016

I think Narru is a 1-star Michelin place. With all due respect to the restaurant, and I think it was very good and enjoyable, it doesn't seem like a 1-star Michelin place to me. First, make sure you're in the right place: the restaurant upstairs is almost diner-like, and I thought, "am I in the right place?" -- and the answer is no, the real restaurant is downstairs. So go downstairs. Which means that there's no view, which is OK, many restaurants don't have a view. Appetizers were excellent, and that was true for all of them. “Cristal” bread with tomato might not sound special, but it is. Wonderfully delicious. Red king prawns were great too. Main courses were mostly very good, I had the Iberian "secret pork" (look it up, it's a specific cut of the pork). Very good, not mind-blowing, but very good. My son had kokotxa, the classic Donostia hake cheeks dish, and it seemed to be very nicely prepared, but it turns out that hake cheeks just isn't everyone's favorite. Or in this case, anyone's favorite. It was just a dish that didn't ding anyone's bell. But that's a matter of personal taste, so your tastes may vary. However, a slight complaint that isn't driven by personal taste is that the wine list is simply insufficient for a top restaurant. It was the wine list of a mid-tier restaurant. Definitely an area of improvement. But all-in-all, an enjoyable dining experience with mostly very tasty food. Only four hundred yards or so from our hotel (Hotel Londres). One "ultimate" test: given the food, the prices, the ambience, etc., would I go back there again? Definitely yes.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 11, 2016

I went there with my family and girlfriend after hearing really comments about it.
We decided to book a table at the bar in order to enjoy the great view, which was truly amazing.
Food was great, really tasty and simple, which is a great combination. Spanish food by definition is simple but it blows you away with their quality products.
Narru offered that but the only thing I would improve is service. This was the only "issue" I read in previous reviews but the food makes it up for it.
Go there and enjoy a lovely tapas/pintxos style dinner!