“Hit & Miss”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Cash Only, Full Bar, Serves Alcohol
alberta
“Hit & Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

I really was hoping for more from this place. The first encounter was not good... went in, and being an avid foodie, jockeyed for position and waited to order. Noticed the menu was very similar to La Cuchara and was hopeful for some good food. Made eye contact more than once with servers but no go ! I was hard to miss at the bar after a bit but still nada! Left after 20 minutes disappointed. Even on a busy night you can at least get a glass of wine after 20 mins at any other place. too bad ! Moved on and had good food somewhere else. Asked my hosts in SS about Borda Berri and they said it was a good place...the person who runs it had worked for La Cuchara and copied most of thier menu with them in the new place they opened... so that explained the near duplicate menu.
I know staff and circumstances can vary so wanted to give them one more try. I went the next day and the fellow working (in picture) was great ! Very friendly...yes, it wasnt as busy but many of my fav places in SS have good service, busy or not... so was nice to have good service on second try. Tried the croquette of stewed meats... the organ meats were very strong... i found the sauce did not compliment it as nice... it was over powered. Of course I had to try the ear... the pigs ears in SS were a surprise and def wanted to compare between places. IMHO these guys dont have the edge.
The place is decorated nice, they have dotted all the I's and crossed the T's but.......

With that being said...the food was still good... not outstanding tho...and many places are in SS.

I def will go back next year to give them another try tho.... but wont be my first stop for pigs ears, fois gras, etc.

2 Thank AlbertaPeng

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest
“Good but not delicious.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

No food on the counter in this pintxhos bar which is a good thing: less crowded and everything is prepared fresh. The lady at the counter is really nice and speaks a bit of english. You can order anything you want and you wouldn't pay more than 3 euro per dish but otherways I was expecting more from such a highly rated pintxchos bar. You should try it by yourselves but I would rate other pintxchos bar higher than this one.

Melbourne
“Our favourite in San Sebastian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2010

This place was beyond fantastic! The food was out of this world and I would even go so far as to say, some of the best I have ever eaten. I wish I could have taken them home with us. The Foie was so good I will probably dream about it. Also worth a try is the Carrillera (beef cheek), the scallops, the duck and the Calios. The drinks are also well priced, so overall it's the entire package if you ask us. Loved it!

London
“Michelin star food at a low cost!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2010

This place blew me away! I tried many of the dishes and most dishes I tried were melt in your mouth stuff! You get tapas like portions of each dish, and most dishes are 3E, some 2.50 so it's fantastic value. Great location, right in the old town, nice atmosphere and great service. The standout dishes for me were the Risotto 'Hongos' (mushroom risotto), Oreja (pig's ear), foie, carillera and chocolate. I hope to come back some day and devour the menu yet again. Thanks Inaki!

Peter (from London)

verteillac
“Top pintxos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

Some really good pintxos here and a great atmosphere.Try the crispy pigs ear and the cod tempura with romesco sauce,better than La Cuchara in our view.Delightful service,the lady behind the bar is the epitome of womanhood.Cheap too,most pintxos less than 3euros.