“Absolutely disgusting” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Absolutely disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Food was revolting, really overpriced. The nachos were equivalent to what you get at a softball game in the US. Service was terrible.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank AwanaK

Concord, Massachusetts
“Only "sort-of" Mexican, and pretty awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

We had lunch here on a Saturday. The menu was bizarre - some Mexican dishes interspersed with skewers, onion rings, spring rolls and other random junk food from around the world.

Then there were the dishes themselves. My chicken "quesadilla" was full of barbeque chicken, and was smothered in a cheese that no one would recognize in Mexico. None of the girls' dishes were very edible, either.

No wonder the restaurant stayed nearly empty the whole time we were there, even though it was inexpensive.

I do have to concede that the service was a bright spot, but I would never go back.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mattandmargot
Brisbane, Australia
“Absolutely terrible, stay away!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

This is the definitely the most terrible Mexican food I have ever had and possibly the worst restaurant food I have ever had. I will concede the service was quite good (the restaurant had 3 tables occupied) and the decor was quite funky which lured me into thinking the food would be good!

My girlfriend and I have been staying in San Sebastian for 5 nights so far and were looking for an alternative to a Tapas bar for dinner. We walked past a "Mexican" restaurant and thought it would make a nice change from Tapas. We didn't bother to check reviews, big mistake. I ordered a chicken salad and my girlfriend ordered a special nachos taster. At the time there were about 3 other tables occupied in the restaurant and we were both surprised when our meals were delivered to the table less than 5 minutes after we placed our order. My chicken salad was drenched in sauce, the lettuce was noticeably brown in places, overall I would rate it at somewhat below average but not terrible. My girlfriend's nachos looked like a congealed mass of soggy, cheesy mess with corn chips and sparse chicken and beef scattered on top. The nachos had the appearance of being microwaved and had an excessive amount of a substance that was meant to be cheese but reminded me of a the left overs form a Kraft dinner.

Stay away from this place, it will only lead to disappointment! Save your hard earned money and get a bag of crisps or get McDonalds which I assure you are both vastly superior in culinary prowess. You have been warned!

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank pez-man-au
“WORST "MEXICAN" MEAL OF OUR LIFE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

I could also not agree more with the last person who wrote a review on this place.

Do not be fooled by the position and this places fit out. It stinks.

It was not only the worst meal of our holiday but the worst "Mexican" in my life.

My partner and I both ordered the same item and both only ate a small portion (beef nachos) and were both charged full price even when clearly the meals are terrible. Forget fresh avocado, real cheese and tasty fresh mince or beans and start to imagine something a 13 yr would make when there parants are away for lunch (probably worse)

2 Thank Davidjames2583
Dublin
“Bland, overpriced and not very Mexican at all”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2009

Do not be fooled by the funky interior or tempting menu. This is bland, over priced slop masquerading as Mexican food. It was not only the worst Mexican food I have ever had, it was hands down the worst meal that I have ever had to part money for. My "nachos" arrived topped with "mince meat" (that looked like it came from a can) and "baked beans". The "cheese" was the type that comes in a squeezable tube and the over all appearance of the dish suggested that it had been cooked in a microwave - the nachos were soggy rather than crisp. Price: €6.25. My main course were the magueyal ribs and wedges. This basically consisted of a tiny rib portion (not even a half rack) and 20pcs of patas fritas (yes I counted them). There wasn't even any garnish...not even a leaf of lettuce....oh I tell a lie, they squirted some of that cheese from a tube over them. Price: €9.25 Dessert: None. I couldn't sit a minute longer in there or give them any more of my money. I'm writing this to simply warn fellow tourists to stay away from this "restaurant". From what I could see of the kitchen (they have a blind at the pass obscuring the view in) there was no chef (just the other waitress) and judging by the appearance and texture of the food its not inconceivable that they microwave a lot of stuff. My partner's food was equally appalling and although the overall bill of €47.51 does not sound expensive then I should tell you that every other night of the week we spent in San Sebastian, we did not pay more than €35 for a 3 course meal with wine/beer. There are some fantastic restaurants and taps bars in San Sebastian where you can eat for this price range. Please don't make the same mistake as us - go spend your money in a real restaurant

3 Thank HedgeJumpingOlympian